View Full Version : Bluetooth headset profile support?

Conchas
07-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Does anyone tried or knows if BT enabled iPAQ devices (like 3870 or 3970) equipped with the new Compaq Wireless GSM/GPRS Pack would feature BT headset profile (required to have it working with a wireless headset)?
Would it support BT headsets like Sony Ericsson HBH-XX series, Motorola BT headset and others? It would be great! :lol:

Generaly do you know if comming BT capable smartphones (like LOOX with GPRS add-on or others with BT expansion cards) support this functionality?

Thanks and best regards,

Conchas

schergr
07-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Unfortunately the 3800 series BT stack does not include headset profile support. I think that the 3900 might give you this. That said, if you install the Pocket Presence Running Voice 3.0 software, it will automatically dial your phone and switch the phone over to the headset (I am told this works with the Ericcson t68 series with the ericsson headsets (it would probably work with any BT headset). I am still waiting for my new HBH-30 so that I can test this.

have fun and if you have any questions let me know.

- Greg

Does anyone tried or knows if BT enabled iPAQ devices
(like 3870 or 3970) equipped with the new Compaq Wireless GSM/GPRS Pack would feature BT headset profile (required to have it working with a wireless headset)?
Would it support BT headsets like Sony Ericsson HBH-XX series, Motorola BT headset and others? It would be great! :lol:

Generaly do you know if comming BT capable smartphones (like LOOX with GPRS add-on or others with BT expansion cards) support this functionality?

Thanks and best regards,

Conchas

spyke
07-16-2002, 10:18 PM
The bluetooth manager version 1.1 includes an Audio Heatset as a device type to search for.

Whilst this doesnt mean it will work, it seems to indicate the profile is supported.

schergr
07-16-2002, 10:23 PM
The bluetooth manager version 1.1 includes an Audio Heatset as a device type to search for.

Whilst this doesnt mean it will work, it seems to indicate the profile is supported.

The blutooth manager software isn't the issue and is mostly irrelevant. It's the bluetooth stack which is embedded in the hardware. The 3870 does not support this profile.

- greg

spyke
07-16-2002, 10:42 PM
ah yes, found the relevant info now.

http://qualweb.opengroup.org/Template2.cfm?LinkQualified=QualifiedProducts&Details=Yes&ProductID=543

Conchas
07-17-2002, 12:38 AM
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your answers. But I got a bit confused...
If I understood correctly, you wrote that it works with Ericsson headsets and T68 series. But would it work if using Compaq Wireless GSM/GPRS jacket :?:

I mean:
iPAQ + GSM/GPRS jacket + BT headset

I assume that HBH-30 works with T68, but why need I the iPAQ here?

ghoonk
07-17-2002, 11:23 AM
Here's how I get it to work:

I have my T68 in my pocket while driving. When I'm stopped at a traffic light and I need to make a call, I don't have to struggle to get the T68 out. Instead, since my 3870 sits on the passenger seat, I use Running Voice to initiate the call.

When using the HBH BT headsets, do note that you are supposed to use the PASSIVE profile; nothing else works properly with the BT headset. IN PASSIVE profile, the 3870 sets up a connection with the T68, sends a command to initiate the call, then shuts the connection and leaves the T68 to find the HBH BT headset.

That said, I'd bet you guys already knew that since it's in the Running Voice manual, last couple of pages. :P