View Full Version : HP568 - How create Activsyn partnership manually

kraebs
07-05-2002, 09:53 AM
I'm having trouble with Activsync. I've uninstalled reinstalled, reset and all the other actions I see suggested. But I never get the "Establish Partnership Wizard". How can I get around this? Thanks

ironguy
07-08-2002, 04:08 PM
ActvieSync is supposed to bring up the Esatblish Partnership wizard automatically. One of the things to try is disconnect your cradle or othere connection from your PC, re-install ActiveSync, run ActiveSync. The first screen tells you to connect your PPC to the PC. At this point, if everything is OK, AS should detect your device and the partnership wizard should run.

My HP J568 (refurb replacement) cannot be detected by my PC so I'm getting another. I hope this resolves the problem.

Do you get the "Your device was not detected" error?

kraebs
07-09-2002, 09:33 AM
I've tried all this multiple times. The partnership wizard has gone on strike. How can I activate him manually. Nobody seems to know how. Many thanks anyway.

ppcsurfr
07-09-2002, 01:36 PM
Check your hardware manager. See if you have an unknown USB device in there... the thing is to delete this unknown device and refresh it so tat it finds te device... which is your Pocket PC.

ironguy
07-09-2002, 08:59 PM
go to this page and type in the words 'partnership wizard' or whatever you want. It will bring up a list of articles like the ghost unknown USB device and how to fix it. MY 568 that wouldn't connect was dead to syncing. I have a replacement and it worked first time.

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/prodhome/hpjornada563928.html

brntcrsp
07-09-2002, 09:12 PM
also make sure that on the Jornada that you have "Enable synchronization when cradled using:" set to USB and checked. This is located in ActiveSync under Tools > Options on the Pocket PC.