View Full Version : interesting survey results

ricktakagi
07-03-2002, 05:51 AM
Hi all,

I have a little survey site that I put together as a first effort. I have been asking in this round of questions about our beloved PDAs. The voting so far goes like this...

Who do you see having the dominant marketshare 3 years from now?

Palm (110 votes) 63%
PocketPC (56 votes) 32%
Other (8 votes) 5%

Which device do you currently use?

Palm (109 votes) 66%
PocketPC (50 votes) 30%
Other (5 votes) 3%

Given the choice, would you rather have a PDA with phone capabilities or keep your cell phone separate?

Have it built in (48 votes) 34%
Keep it separate (93 votes) 66%

Which technology will you have to have built into your next PDA?

Blue Tooth (30 votes) 24%
802.11 (WIFI) (28 votes) 22%
It better have both if I'm paying 600.00+ on this thing! (67 votes) 54%

You can still come and vote if you like at www.seattlesurveys.com

Judging from the way the votes are going on the phone capabilities question, the smart phone has an up hill battle.

Rick T.

CharlesWilcox
07-03-2002, 06:00 AM
I agree. With a Bluetooth conection. Why not have a seperate phone and PDA. But they couldn't be more wrong about Palm. :oops:

hollis_f
07-04-2002, 07:14 AM
The answers to the first two questions point out just how useful these polls aren't.

Who do you see having the dominant marketshare 3 years from now?

Whichever make of device I own now. 99%

localizer
07-04-2002, 08:44 AM
my own poll:

People who think I should run for Dictator of the Known Universe:

Yes - 74%
No - 1%
Will I get my head cut off if I say no - 25%

yay!

Dave Conger
07-04-2002, 08:01 PM
I have a little survey site that I put together as a first effort. I have been asking in this round of questions about our beloved PDAs. The voting so far goes like this...

I think it would be important to note when the survey was started. It this is just spanning maybe the last month, then I don't understand why people would think that Palm is going to be able to turn things around. If this survey has been going for a year or more, then I think this makes more sense.