View Full Version : EzWAP 2.5 Launched

Brad Adrian
07-01-2002, 10:31 PM
<a href="http://www.ezos.com/Main_Netscape.asp">http://www.ezos.com/Main_Netscape.asp</a><br /><br />At the Microsoft Tech.Ed 2002 in Europe today, EZOS announced that its latest revision of EzWAP will be available for download soon.<br /><br />"Simply install EzWAP on your device and then you can browse Mobile Internet sites as easily as you currently browse HTML sites using a standard web browser. You can also create, send and receive MMS messages. Enhanced messages containing graphics, sound and text are as simple to create as a PowerPoint presentation. With the integrated tools, EzPAINT and EzMELODY, you can create your own funny images and sounds. EzWAP 2.5 improves security thanks to its WPKI functionalities and Smart Card integration onto enabled devices."<br /><br />Key features<br />• Powerful browser including all the necessary functionality for Mobile Internet access <br />• 100% compatible with PC companions running Windows Powered Pocket PC, Pocket PC 2002 or Handheld PC 2000<br />• Integrated support of WML 1.2.1, cHTML(iMODE) and XHTML-basic standards <br />• Strong user authentication through RSA SecurID® technology <br />• Full support for HTTP and WSP/WTP through a WAP gateway <br />• Completely WAP 1.2.1 compliant and backward compatible with WAP 1.1 and earlier <br />• Support of PNG, JPG, GIF and animated-GIF format ! more screenshots <br />• Support of WAV format<br />• EzWAP allows you to send geographical coordinates. <br /><br />The primary update to EzWAP is its ability to support full MMS messaging, and I'm excited about using this kind of tool in the future. However, I wonder about how ready we are as users to take advantage of this capability, and how ready wireless networks are to support it.

pt
07-02-2002, 03:30 AM
>> Support of PNG, JPG, GIF and animated-GIF format
>> Support of WAV format

needs macromedia flash support, it's oh so close!

cheers,
pt

Arne Hess
07-02-2002, 10:52 AM
The primary update to EzWAP is its ability to support full MMS messaging, and I'm excited about using this kind of tool in the future. However, I wonder about how ready we are as users are to take advantage of this capability, and how ready wireless networks are to support it.
You are right, the user isn't ready for services like this, even if they are pretty cool. Also most networks are not ready today - at least you need GPRS but also a MMSC gateway which handles all the MMS messages.
Currently I'm playing with different MMS clients on mobile phones and Pocket PCs but I have to use a 3rd party gateway because my operator isn't MMS ready today... :(
Anyhow - thanks to some companies, there are MMS gateways available which can be used AND it's cheaper thank original operator MMS tariffs!