View Full Version : Tekguru And The XDA, Parts 2 through 6

Brad Adrian
06-24-2002, 04:45 PM
<a href="http://www.tekguru.co.uk/PPC_Reviews/XDA/index.htm">http://www.tekguru.co.uk/PPC_Reviews/XDA/index.htm</a><br /><br />We told you that we'd let you know when Daron Brewood (a.k.a. "Tekguru") finished his review of the XDA, and here it is. He's obviously put a lot of time into his evaluation and answered a lot of questions we all have. His closing comments are helpful, but make sure you read the whole report, because it's filled with great information.<br /><br />"While there are limiting factors such as the 32Mb of internal memory which initially prohibits the installation of large programs, this can be worked around by using an MM or SD card. In use the XDA is stylish and soon becomes a valued tool which you will use throughout the day. Since starting to use it I have never had the need to switch back to using the iPAQ 3870 at all."<br /><br />This comment ALONE made me want to drive, fly or swim to any country that has these things:<br /><br />"This is a superb system as you no longer have to fight with the Connection Wizard built into the standard Pocket PC 2002 Operating system."

jpaq
06-24-2002, 05:34 PM
12-bit color

That will be my reason for not buying it. I like, pretty much, everything else about it.

Too bad.

gregh
06-24-2002, 09:09 PM
I've thought long and hard about wether I want a phone & PDA or all-in-one. I've gone for the former, as I think there are times when you want just a small phone, ie when skiing, walking, out at night, and you don't want the size/weight, worry about losing/cracking it or bulk of a PDA.

T_Scheen
06-25-2002, 11:53 AM
A great review by all means. I am sure that the only real shortcoming of this device (32MB Ram) will be ironed out within 6 months:
Either by a quick follow-up model from O2 (remember ipaq 3630 and 3660)
Or a do-it-yourself kit (i.e. Pocketpctechs.com)
I think expansys.com offers them without Sim-lock as well.
Can't wait to get one...

Thomas S.