View Full Version : PhatWare Gives A Hand To Lefties

Brad Adrian
06-20-2002, 07:01 AM
<a href="http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&amp;sectionId=0&productId=28647">http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&amp;sectionId=0&productId=28647</a><br /><br />Judging by the number of messages in my Inbox from the people at PhatWare, they must be pretty excited about its recent update to their HPC Notes application. It doesn't look like the update from v4.0 to v4.2 is a complete re-work, but there are some important changes:<br /><br />• Left-handed menu option – when checked popup menus appear on the right side of the stylist.<br />• Expand Lower Pane option – expands the lower pane across the entire bottom of the screen (applicable only in 3-way splitter mode). <br />• Preview zoom – a new option allows zooming the text in the Note Preview (75-100%). <br />• New popup menus (tap and hold) for the note preview and the notes editor. <br />• Minor UI changes necessary to comply with Microsoft Windows logo requirements (see documentation or online help for details). <br /><br />So, the changes to the interface will probably make this even easier for left-handed users to navigate. HPC Notes 4.2 Standard Edition is a free upgrade to all registered users of HPC Notes 4.X Standard Edition. Or, if you'd like to try HPC Notes for the first time, download a free trial version from the Handango! affiliate link above.

Master O'Mayhem
06-20-2002, 07:26 AM
Great!! now Jason can stop complaining about being a lefty!!!

iPAUL
06-20-2002, 03:08 PM
Super program (I just tried the demo).

The price is outrageous. I can't warrant that kind of money for a hi-tech notepad app. I'll keep using outlook notes until the price comes down.

iPAUL

Brad Adrian
06-20-2002, 06:23 PM
...I can't warrant that kind of money for a hi-tech notepad app...iPAUL

I understand what you're saying, and this app isn't for everyone. However, if you need to keep lots of meeting notes, keep them very well organized and do searches among them, this can really be a godsend.

T-Will
06-20-2002, 08:07 PM
That's great! Now how about a left handed tweak for the PPC OS...