View Full Version : :roll: iPAQ 3765....BIG problem!! Help!

Richardo233
06-14-2002, 09:20 PM
My friends and I all have the same problem with our iPAQ 3765s. They have PPC 2002, which is not entirely compatible with the hardware due to the fact that the origional design was for the old version of Pocket PC. This causes the screen to be unaligned no matter what. For example, I tap on the WORD icon and the unit thinks I am tapping the ActiveSync icon. That is a few centimeters off. I have tried the following:

-seven hard resets
-twenty soft resets
-aligning the screen 19 times
-using the AC adaptor
-using an expansion pack (stated in another topic in this forum by someone else)
-syncronizing
-turning the backlight off
-turning the unit off and on again a vigitillion times
-clearing the memory

NONE OF WHAT IS LISTED ABOVE WORKS EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT!!!!

Mabey someone out there can help me find a software update to fix this or tell me some kind of antidote I haven't tried. PLEASE HELP!!!!

*Please note that I have seen this problem in about 30 different iPAQs in the past three months. Solving this problem would be a very helpful thing to do for all kinds of people with these fallible units. :oops:

Jason Dunn
06-14-2002, 09:38 PM
Sounds like you have a bad digitizer - it's rare, but it does happen. Have you tried calling Compaq to get a replacement?

Richardo233
06-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Yes, I have tried asking them for a replacement and they said no, since this was a refurbished model. I hear there are software updates out there to fix this problem, and I could spend hours every day trying to find them. If anyone out there knows where they are, PLEASE tell me!

I don't really think this is a rare problem, I have seen it in 30 iPAQs in the last three months.