View Full Version : iPAQ and a Mac

lbcox
05-22-2002, 12:15 AM
I'm thinking about getting an iMAC, but I don't want to loose my iPAQ capability. I heard rumor about the iPAQ working with a Mac, but I don't know how well or what functionality I'd loose. Does anybody have a good web site that focuses on iPAQ and a Mac? :?

Jason Dunn
05-22-2002, 12:16 AM
www.pocketmac.net

But why do you want to get an iMac? :wink:

lbcox
05-22-2002, 12:21 AM
It didn't take you long to respond; thanks. Why am I thinking of getting an iMAC or a PowerMac? I'm getting tired of the MS license skeems they keep coming up with and the work I do requires Unix capability. Besides, OS X is an awesome OS. I know I'll be losing some straight forward colaboration capability, but at this point it's just a thought. That's why I'm asking the question ahead of time.

seanturner
05-25-2002, 07:12 AM
What about linux?

Janak Parekh
05-27-2002, 04:53 AM
What about linux?
... as if you can sync the PocketPC on Linux :lol: You could use VMWare, but you can use Virtual PC similarly on OS X, and in both cases it's a bit iffy with the serial port emulation.

--bdj

ricktakagi
06-10-2002, 04:20 PM
Hi all,

I have gone back to the Mac and now have a ibook which I really like. I also have a Ipaq and I'm going through the same thing. I still have my windows box at home and sync with that for now. I haven't tried pocketmac simply because 50.00 is too much to try a product. I really wish they had a demo.

Entourage is a great replacement for outlook XP and appears to have the same functionality.

Good luck on whatever you choose to do.

Rick Takagi