View Full Version : Toshiba e310 in stock and shipping

Jason Dunn
05-16-2002, 04:08 PM
<a href="http://www.dreampages.com?aff=pocketpcthoughts&page=tospocpce3pa.html">http://www.dreampages.com?aff=pocketpcthoughts&page=tospocpce3pa.html</a><br /><br />One of our affiliate partners, Dreampages, has the new Toshiba e310 in stock and ready to ship for $399.95. If you've been waiting, jump on it. This is one slick-looking Pocket PC - hopefully I'll see one in person when I go to the Pocket PC Summit at the end of the month.

entropy1980
05-16-2002, 04:34 PM
I took a look at them at CompUSA, it is truly amazingly thin, however, true about the reports that cleartype sucks so bad! It makes Compaq's cleartype look good. Other than that it seems like a really neat unit hopefully they will release a fix for the cleartype. What is it with manufacturers do they not like turn the devices on before they ship? It seems like having the screen look right should be a high priority eh?

Jeff_Baker
05-16-2002, 04:39 PM
Has anyone announced an attachable keyboard this device?

entropy1980
05-16-2002, 04:44 PM
Has anyone announced an attachable keyboard this device?

no not yet and the connector is different from the e570/audiovox so that one though announced will not work....

RickP in AZ
05-16-2002, 08:48 PM
I have confirmed my suspicions... The screen is crystal clear... until you activate ClearType! Ick! I thought nothign could be worse than iPAQ CT but Wow was I wrong. Toshiba actually was able to get the text to blur *vertically*. I felt like I was drunk looking at the thing. Being and ebook worm and a PWord junkie I just can't live with it..... :-( More fodder...

I'm gonna cry...
RickP in AZ

entropy1980
05-16-2002, 08:57 PM
Let's all hope the e740 doesn't have he same problem or else I will be crying with RickP :cry:

RickP in AZ
05-16-2002, 09:14 PM
Something inside me (around the cockles. No, further, down in the sub-cockles...) Anyway, something in me seriously doubts that Toshiba would use two different screens for their PPC line....

Wait! The are already using the 4" poly-sili-*whatever* screen in Japan. Compaq was marketing both the 12bit and the 16bit screen this fall... Maybe there's hope after all. :-)

Gimme a clean screen, slap in a 1500mah battery and the option for a additional battery sled. There may be salvation from slipshod hardware yet. Toshiba's only fault in their first PPCs (e550, e570, & Maestro) were somewhat enemic battery life. Otherwise their hardware has been pretty sound.

(Ow! My fingers are cramping from having them crossed so tightly.)

Boy it's hot here today!
RickP in AZ