View Full Version : Feeling tired? Try Espresso

Jason Dunn
05-14-2002, 05:27 PM
<a href="http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&amp;sectionId=0&productId=17652">http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&amp;sectionId=0&productId=17652</a><br /><br />I've never heard of software like this, but if it works, it certainly would be a boon to people who need a boost. Anyone heard of the scientific basis for this before? The software is $5.95 and can be purchased from the above affiliate link.<br /><br />"Espresso is a stimulant for use in tackling tiredness. Delivered via an innovative 30-minute music programme, Espresso provides the listener with a subjective and objective improvement in their level of alertness. Laboratory experiments have shown that that the scientifically proven sound and music techniques built into the programme can improve alertness for up to 6 hours and that the effectiveness of the music extends over time. Use it at work and at home in beating the post-lunch dip or in preparing to go out of an evening. Its properties make it especially relevant for those travelling long distances."

wiredguy
05-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Interesting, but I'm not sure I'd pay $5 :).

Brad Adrian
05-14-2002, 06:32 PM
Wouldn't it just be easier to hook up a couple of electrodes to a Pocket PC that deliver a mild electrical shock at random intervals? Or would that cause too much battery drain?

Jason Dunn
05-14-2002, 06:45 PM
Wouldn't it just be easier to hook up a couple of electrodes to a Pocket PC that deliver a mild electrical shock at random intervals?
THAT'S how you relax? Sheesh - explains a lot. :wink:

Sslixtis
05-14-2002, 06:55 PM
OK, so maybe I'm doing something wrong but, I followed the link and PURCHASED Exspresso and it downloaded a bloody quicktime plugin! What good exactly does that do me? :cry:

Jason Dunn
05-14-2002, 07:00 PM
OK, so maybe I'm doing something wrong but, I followed the link and PURCHASED Exspresso and it downloaded a bloody quicktime plugin! What good exactly does that do me? :cry:

Whoa - very odd. I guess email [email protected] and ask what the heck is going on?

Inventor
05-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Reading the product info it appears to be a 7meg Mp3 file.

Personally a good track from Ac-Dc does the trick for me. :wink:

Techtoys
05-14-2002, 09:56 PM
:D Well, I went right on in and bought it (must be in a strange mood, I've bought most things reviewed on the site in the last 24 hours).

It's ambient music with some spacial stereo stuff going on. Now I'm a strange fish, I like weid music and 1/2 hour of this is just about right to leave me feeling refreshed - I have some old tapes that do a similar thing.

Given that a double espresso in a cafe here costs about $5, I think it's a good buy.

All the best,

Andy

CoffeeKid
05-16-2002, 09:59 AM
There's No substitute for the real thing.

'nuff said.