View Full Version : Cases

dunneldeen
05-01-2002, 01:21 AM
I'm looking to get a leather case for my iPaq 3600 + CF sleeve. Anyone have recommendations? I've read reviews on cases from E&B, Piel, and Vaja but am interested in your ideas/comments on those and others.

crashdau
05-01-2002, 02:21 AM
Well...I've bought the EB case (http://www.ebcases.comurl) for IPAQ + CF Sleeve (Un modified) and was satisfied with it. I, then, modified my CF Sleeve via George M's (can't remember how to spell his last name... :( ...sorry George! ) into a Silver Slider I. So now I needed a better case and moved to the Vaja Case (http://www.vajacases.com/home.htmlurl) for the IPAQ + SS. Great case ! I thought it was much better than the EB Case.
Then I tried the Vaja Case for Naked IPAQ and still have it to this day. I use it on my 3800 series and it fits that one just fine. (The case was originally purchased for a 3600....which is now deceased and resurrected by an enterprising gentlemen for his own uses.)

The only other case I like just as much as my Vaja for Naked IPAQ is the one that comes with the 3800 series. I only wish I new how to add a swing clip to the back without it pulling free from the crazy glue. :?

Well...thats my 2 cents ! :D

Sanjay Srikonda
05-02-2002, 05:26 PM
I have a Piel Frama Case with my Ipaq 3850+Silver Slider 2, the case is great, has pockets for credit cards, extra CF card, and slots for (if you have any) 2 SD cards.

The case may be a little pricey, I found it cheaper from Stylus Central.

dunneldeen
05-03-2002, 08:42 PM
I've seen a lot of reviews and they all seem to say the same thing.

- Vaja is best overall, but also the most expensive.
- Vaja custom cases rock, but are even more expensive.
- Piel Frama cases are almost just as good as Vaja (this is subjective and varies from reviewer to reviewer, some say they are just as good.)
- Piel Frama cases are still pricey, but are less than vaja.
- E&B cases also got good reviews, appearing to put them at a solid third place for both price and quality.

Then there were my own observations and opinions, based purely on data from the suppliers websites. Note that when I talk about selection, it is based on selection of iPaq+CF models only, all three suppliers had a good range of cases offered for nekid, CF, PC, and Dual PC models.

- E&B cases looked good, but the color selection was too limited for me, although they did offer more than 1 model. However, I am strongly against magnetic closures (which aced out the newest model), and I want a case that is all leather (which aced out the the other one.)
- Piel Frama had a limited selection also, they offered only 1 model with 2 color choices.
- Vaja cases looked good, and offered (by far) the best overall variety of both color and design.
- Custom Vaja cases were out because of cost.
- I didn't want a plain black or brown case.
- That left Black and Tan (Piel Frama) or Tan and Green (Vaja) and of those two choices Black and Tan appealed to me more.

Being a cost concious buyer, but still interested in quality and good looks, the Piel Frama seemed the obvious choice to me.

Thanks for the help to everyone responding to my post as well as pocketnow.com, pocketpcpassion.com, and gadgeteer.com for their good reviews.

Sanjay Srikonda
05-03-2002, 09:18 PM
Be warned however, the black/tan Piel Frama case has a tendency to come into contact with the TFT screen and if you're using Windows Media Player to play music, it may all of a sudden come into contact with the TFT screen and pause or stop the playback.

Other than that, i've no complaints at all with the Piel Frama case.