View Full Version : HP Jornada Camera: anybody try it yet

Jmankowski
04-27-2002, 04:15 PM
I saw a gentleman using his Jornada 568 with the cool little digicamera attachment. I wasn't able to talk to him about whether he was happy with it or not. Thought I might try here.

Thanks. :?:

welwyngc
04-27-2002, 10:35 PM
Although it is quite inexpensive, the very low resolution and lack of flash make it unimpressive (IMO)

JayLagorio
04-30-2002, 01:40 PM
I agree with welwyngc on that. It could definetly be better, but for that quick shot that you don't mind the quality on (for instance, the layout of pictures on a wall - just to get a rough idea of what's where before you take them all down), it's very handy. If you can get the right light, which is usually outdoors, the flash isn't necessary and the pictures become clearer.

Jorgen
05-03-2002, 07:13 PM
You both somehow make it sound very negative. Personally I can see a lot of scope in the camera for documentation purposes as well as for web-stuff where you don't want to use large JPG's. It is anyway not that long ago 640*480 was the norm and my first camera was half that.

Anyway, I just bought the camera and love it! Ask me again in three months time. :)

Jorgen

Jorgen
05-03-2002, 09:04 PM
Also look at this review
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/bevhoward/CFCamera.htm

Jorgen

JayLagorio
05-03-2002, 09:16 PM
I'm not saying it's a bad product per se, it all depends on the needs of the person using the device and what you thought it could do before you bought it. I thought it would be much better than it is, but yes, for a little image that'll be posted to the web it does a nice job.

Sven Johannsen
05-20-2002, 12:29 AM
I've had the HP camera for quite some time and it certainly comes in handy as long as you carry it around. The pictures are pretty good considering the price (camera alone). It is kind of like the quality you get from the average web cam, logitech, intel, etc.

It has fostered some real 'ooh neat' comments at work. We did a lot of white board work one time and someone at the end started to copy it all down. I said "wait a sec, I'll take a shot of it." Got the whole board clearly and in color and e-mailed it to all the participants.

At this point, though, I think I would wait until the High Res Pretec version is available. Their software will even do short videos, which th HP software does not.

Clownblanc
02-19-2003, 06:32 AM
Do not event try using the new 1.3 megapix Pretec on a Jornada. ( well, at least not on a 928) it just does not work. While it worked fine on my Casio E 2000 I couldn't have it take one single pic with the Jornada. HP is totally unhelpful with the problem and Pretec 's on line help is permanently bust. I got it replaced (thanks, expansys!) by the lower resolution HP which covers my needs perfectly. yes, hi res would be a dream.. but then again where would you store a larger quantity of 1.3 megaPix pictures when on the run?

tzed9
02-24-2003, 11:06 PM
I find the 928's stock camera quite fine thank you very much. If just for the colour coding.....