View Full Version : Apple Ibook and PPC?

ricktakagi
04-24-2002, 03:45 AM
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a new Apple Ibook and would like to use my 3835 Ipaq with it. Has anyone tried out the PocketMac conduit that takes the place of activesync?

Bond
04-25-2002, 04:44 AM
I have found PocketMac to be a somewhat weak alternative. I was forced to use an iBook for a week, and I decided to sync my iPaq to it; easier said than done.

The iBook had a **very** hard time communicating with the iPaq, and PocketMac did little to help. After playing with it for a while, i finally got PocketMac to get onto my PocketPC, only to find that the syncing was no where close to that of ActiveSync, missing several features, and not being very reliable.

In my opinion, if you are going to go the Mac route, keep a trusty Windows desktop handy and in sync.

lawnman
04-29-2002, 12:14 AM
I would second that opinion. The only other solution is to install virtual PC on your ibook. This essentially runs whatever version of windows you have in a virtual machine in a window on the ibook. Which of course allows you to sync like normal with Outlook. I recently purchased a new iMac and ran into the same problem. Luckily I still have my Windows XP laptop to sync with. Good luck.