View Full Version : I just got my iPaq back today...

seanturner
04-23-2002, 05:55 AM
I sent my iPaq in Thursday of last week, and I just got it back (its Monday now) with the backlight fixed. I was quite impressed with the turnaround time. However, they also somehow dropped it and scratched and chipped the bottom. :cry: I called them today and the customer service representative I talked to said that there was nothing she could do and that a manager would contact me tomorrow about getting my unit replaced.

seanturner
05-05-2002, 07:16 AM
I finally got mine replaced and the new one seems to work. :D Good luck to all.

surfaday
05-06-2002, 03:52 AM
Your experience sounded like a good one! Did you have to send the old ipaq back before they sent you a new one? Did your back up work when you tried to restore? (If that is what you did). I've heard that you cannot restore to a different ipaq though I don't know that for a fact.

Walt

seanturner
05-06-2002, 04:53 AM
No, they sent me a new one and the guy waited while I packed my old one and he took it with him. The built in restore didn't work between the 3835 and the 3850 because it detected different model numbers. I called Compaq about it, but they said there was nothing that could be done and to just have it sync to the old name and that would restore the files, but the programs would have to be reinstalled.