View Full Version : Mobile Learning Supplement

Jason Dunn
04-19-2002, 06:24 PM
<a href="http://www.itbusiness.ca/index.asp?theaction=61&sid=48389">http://www.itbusiness.ca/index.asp?theaction=61&sid=48389</a><br /><br />Things like this are almost enough to make me want to go back to school - I'd be one bad mutha' with all my geek toys. ;-) Thanks to Rob Borek, another bad mutha', for finding this article.<br /><br />"A consortium comprised of post-secondary institutes and private companies have launched an R&D mobile learning pilot project to understand how students learn outside the classroom and with handheld devices. "It's not just: 'Here folks, have some technology and here's some curriculum you can access,'" said Jeff Zabudsky, dean, technology and curriculum innovation for Edmonton-based Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT). "What we've done is we've got a control group of students who will be using the technology and we're doing a very careful analysis of who learned better." <br /><br />Last summer, NAIT, along with Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, BlackBoard Inc, Compaq, Avaya, McGraw-Hill Ryerson and Bell Mobility got together to see how the proliferation of mobile devices is one day going to change how post-secondary students learn and are taught."

mike6024
04-19-2002, 06:47 PM
+10 points for the double word score on "bad mutha'"

Jason Dunn
04-19-2002, 08:19 PM
&lt;bows>

Thank you, thank you. I'd like to thank my 4th grade English teacher for teaching me everything she nose.

:lol:

Brad Adrian
04-19-2002, 09:12 PM
...for Edmonton-based Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT).

It figures that such a progressive and insightful concept would originate "north of the border."

spg
04-19-2002, 11:27 PM
&lt;bows>

Thank you, thank you. I'd like to thank my 4th grade English teacher for teaching me everything she nose.

:lol:

Hey the spell checker said it was right! :D

seanturner
04-21-2002, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I think more and more of the school, in California at least, are shifting toward trying to incorporate technology into their everyday curriculum. For example, Harker high school in Saratoga, California, has implemented an 802.11b network and requires a laptop for everyone taking junior level classes and above and tests and essays are all done on computer and then printed out at the end of the period. Also, websites and interactive demonstrations are incorporated into the everyday lessons.