View Full Version : Connecting Via Inbox on an iPAQ 2002 and D-Link 650W

mashtim
04-17-2002, 04:22 AM
I am having a slight problem here.

I am running an iPAQ 3670 (upgraded to PPC2002) and a D-Link DCF-650W through a D-Link DI-713P router/AP.

Ok, here's the problem: I can connect to the Net and Mazingo with no problems at all. However, inbox doesn't even realize that there is a network card there, making it imposible to connect to ANY of my mail accounts.

I'm sure it's something little and basic that I am simply overlooking, but it has escaped me so far. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :?:

seanturner
04-18-2002, 05:55 AM
To get your inbox you synchronize, you have to open ActiveSync and click on the sync button to connect and sync to your desktop over wireless, just like your handheld was in the cradle. Gosh that was a terribly written sentence.

seanturner
04-18-2002, 05:56 AM
Oh, and if you want to check email independently of your desktop, you can click on like services and say new service and configure a mail server.

mashtim
04-22-2002, 10:24 PM
Ok, I'm officially confused. I have NO idea what you just said. (In the first post, that is)

As far as trying to connect independent of the desktop:
I have tried to make a new service in Inbox, but it always tries to dial out onto a CF 56k modem that I have also set up for this device, regardless of the fact that I am trying to connect with a WiFi card. In fact, Inbox doesn't even recognize that there even IS a WiFi card inserted. When I try to connect using a new service, it is ALWAYS timed out. When I try to make a new setting under "connections", my only choices are to use the dial-up or IR modem, with no WiFi card being shown at all. Again, getting onto the web for IE or Mazingo is no problem at all.

I'm sure that what I am missing is extremely basic, but, for the life of me, I cannot figure out what it is! Maybe if I knew what you meant by "configure a mail server" ? .....

seanturner
04-23-2002, 03:55 AM
Are you trying to connect to your desktop to synchronize your email, or are you trying to download your email from an external server?

bensinep
04-24-2002, 05:16 AM
Try this:

Go to start->settings->connections and then click on the connections icon.

In the first dropdown (Connect to the internet when needed) select Work Settings

In the second dropdown (connect to work when needed) select work settings

In the last dropdown (my network card connects to) select work.

I read that the Work settings connection is the one that allows network card access. The other connections all assume you're on a modem.

Then, goto the inbox and set up a service to connect as you were before.

Hope this helps.

-Bill