View Full Version : Wireless problems........

Roel
04-13-2002, 09:38 PM
I am using an iPAQ 3870 with the Symbol Networker CF card and a Belking Wireless Accesspoint. On my Desktop PC I am running Windows XP.

I have established a connection between my Desktop Computer and my Pocket PC. I can use Activesync and I can use File sharing.

Internet Access using a connected ISDN line on my Desktop PC does not seem to work. If I open Pocket IE or use Messenger no connection can be made.

I tried everything (connection settings are currently on Internet, Work, Work and on the second Work I selected "this network connects to the internet" and passthrough in Activesync is actived to Work) even a hard reset and reinstall. It seems that in some kind of way the Internet Sharing on my XP machine doesn't allow my PocketPC to connect.

Does anybode know what to do?

seanturner
04-16-2002, 05:49 AM
You need to share your internet connection. By default, your computer will not share your ISDN line over a network, so you need to enable Internet connection sharing and make your desktop a DHCP host so that your PPC and any other computers connect to the internet through it. What operating system are you running on your desktop?