View Full Version : Storage Card Naming Registry Hack for Genio

Jason Dunn
04-09-2002, 06:52 PM
<a href="http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=172383c4f46b2d34995a55aecb043dfa&threadid=39627">http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=172383c4f46b2d34995a55aecb043dfa&threadid=39627</a><br /><br />"Small Town Man" pointed out this Brighthand thread where TW posted a very interesting registry hack that seems to fix an irritating software flaw for those of you with a Toshiba Genio. Remember to back up your deice before proceeding! A hosed registry can cripple your device.<br /><br />"If you are tired too that CF and SD storage cards keep changing their name (more precisely: their mount point names in the PPC file system) depending on the order they are inserted than here comes deliverance. I found out how to tweak the registry to get always the same name for the CF card and always the same name for the SD card. Grab a registry editor and do this: <br /><br />Fix the CF card name: Go into the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\PCMCIA\ATADisk. Create a new string value there with value name Folder and value data CF Card (or whatever name you prefer). <br /><br />Fix the SD card name: Go into the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SD\Detect\99. Create a new string value there with value name Folder and value data SD Card (or whatever name you prefer). <br /><br />That's it. The next time you insert a CF card it is mounted under "CF Card" and the SD card is mounted under "SD card" regardless of the order you insert the cards. Up to now I have no problems with this tweak."

lmtuxinc
04-09-2002, 07:30 PM
This will also partly work on a Hp Jornada 568, because there is no SD\Detect\99 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers on my jornada.

If any body can find the SD listing in the registry for HP Jornadas they should post it here.

Alan

willkess71
04-09-2002, 08:33 PM
Do you think it would work with the iPAQ? Whenever I reset the unit I just pop out my SD Card so that it will always be Storage Card2 ... Just wondering?

Sven Johannsen
04-09-2002, 08:47 PM
The HP doesn't officially have an SD slot, but rather an MMC slot. That is why I found it intersting to find

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\Sdmmc

Nothing in that folder and I do have the MMC/Battery on the device. Not gutsy enough to mess with the registry at the moment though.

Curious. If you make those registry changes, do the associated folders show up with the new names in explorer on the desktop? How about the 'add new programs' dropdown?

Sven Johannsen
04-09-2002, 09:32 PM
There is also a \HKLM\Drivers\PCMCIA\Detect\99 which has SRAMDisk.dll and DetectSRAMDisk values for keys. I have a feeling you might need someone who has not installed the MMC drivers, check the registry, install them, and look for the change(s).