View Full Version : Reeking of Controversy...

Jeff Kirvin
03-29-2002, 03:05 AM
Greetings. My name is Jeff Kirvin, and I used to be a PalmOS user.<br /><br />For the last two years, I've written a weekly column at <a href="www.writingonyourpalm.net">www.writingonyourpalm.net</a> on using mobile technology for writers. While my site is platform agnostic and I cover PalmOS solutions along with Pocket PC, I'm a big Pocket PC fan in my daily life. These days, I'm pretty much grafted to my Jornada 565, and I've come to think Microsoft might have really gotten it right this time (mostly, Pocket Office still needs mucho work).<br /><br />My purpose here as a guest columnist is mostly to ask questions, stimulate discussion. I might take some odd stances at times, but it's all in the interest of getting people to talk, and more importantly, to think. I'll try not to reek too much. ;)

Ed Hansberry
03-29-2002, 04:30 AM
{sniff}{sniff}...... 8O What is that smell? Something reeks in here. :wink:

Welcome aboard Jeff! Now I don't have to wake up early Monday mornings, read your site and try to beat Sam to the punch of posting a link to your site. :lol:

Timothy Rapson
03-29-2002, 01:32 PM
Welcome. I really like your own site and read it often. I don't know if I've read them all, but most of them for sure.

Your most recent has me wondering if someone at WordSmith or DocsToGo might get with it.

I read this week that Sharp is shipping a full Office Suite with their Zaurus. It includes a HanComWord that has virtually all the features of any desktop word processor, Sheet, Base, and even a Presenter program. Can Microsoft continue to ship cripled Office with PPC and still compete with Zaurus and Clie/WordSmith?

With Zaurus, Clie, Jornado 568, Ipaq 3800, all selling for $500 (+/- $10) we are in a real race for pocketable word processors.

EllenBeeman
03-29-2002, 05:42 PM
Jeff, welcome! I love your regular site, and am looking forward to your posts here!

Best,

---Ell
Ellen Beeman