View Full Version : Now the real fun begins - Walter Hewlett sues to stop merger

Ed Hansberry
03-28-2002, 08:28 PM
<a href="http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/rcnews.asp?Symbol=CPQ">http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/rcnews.asp?Symbol=CPQ</a><br /><br />Just go to that link and click on several of today's headlines. :roll: The gist of it is "dissident HP board member Walter Hewlett asked a Delaware court to stop the deal, which would be the largest in computer industry history, alleging HP had coerced a major shareholder into voting for it and misled a major advisor, Institutional Shareholder Services, which influenced many pro-merger votes. "<br /><br />Now, if we could just get Playboy Magazine to do a "Women of HP/CPQ" similar to their <a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/0,4286,BT_CO_20020325_004388-playboy,00.html?collection=autowire/30day&vql-string=%28playboy%29%3Cin%3E%28article%2Dbody%29">Women of Enron</a> issue, we'd have the makings of a great made-for-tv movie. (oh the shame of it all.....)

torgamm
03-28-2002, 08:41 PM
Your link is available only to subscribers :(

Ed Hansberry
03-28-2002, 08:52 PM
Sorry about that. :( Pretty funny article. If anyone can find a non-public link, I'll change the front page. I tried the Chicago Sun, NY Times, USA Today and CNN.com and they didn't pick that story up. I actually heard it on Audible's WSJ subscription, but I also get the paper version.

Master O'Mayhem
03-28-2002, 09:05 PM
I'm Totally offended, ED.

Ed Hansberry
03-28-2002, 09:12 PM
I'm Totally offended, ED.

Somehow I doubt that is even possible. :wink:

crackerheads
03-28-2002, 09:57 PM
not sure if this is known already, but i just noticed that the :roll: smilie showed up as the characters ":" + "roll" + ":" instead of the smilie on the homepage. it shows up fine when you view the post from within the discussion board.

Ed Hansberry
03-28-2002, 10:03 PM
not sure if this is known already, but i just noticed that the :roll: smilie showed up as the characters ":" + "roll" + ":" instead of the smilie on the homepage. it shows up fine when you view the post from within the discussion board.

Yeah, the front page works a bit differently than the forums. I knew that when I posted but did it anyway. After using these boards for about a year now, I am used to seeing :roll: or :frown: type messages as much of an emoticon as :-) - whether I am seeing the text or icon.

Sort of like the guy in the Matrix - all those green numbers were just like looking at pictures to him. "follow the white rabbit....."

innersky
03-28-2002, 10:43 PM

Yeah, the front page works a bit differently than the forums. I knew that when I posted but did it anyway. After using these boards for about a year now, I am used to seeing :roll: or :frown: type messages as much of an emoticon as :-) - whether I am seeing the text or icon.

Sort of like the guy in the Matrix - all those green numbers were just like looking at pictures to him. "follow the white rabbit....."

So...you took the red pill ?

jlp
03-29-2002, 04:19 AM
Your link is available only to subscribers :(

I can read it alright, and I'm not subscribed.

st63z
03-29-2002, 06:33 AM
He's talking about Women of Enron at WSJ :)

I dunno, would Fiorina go for it?