View Full Version : Active Sync woes

cburley
03-26-2002, 10:25 PM
I may seem like an idiot....I recently installed a wireless USP adapter on my desktop. I also acquired a CF wireless card for my iPaq 38xx. (both 802.11B). They "talk"...I can view the folders that are shared. Here's the rub...I can't get active sync to work. I can't make a connection....I feel rather dense. Anyone with suggestions? :cry:

Chrisb

Retrocactus
03-26-2002, 11:21 PM
What brand of usb/cf adaptors are you using? I have all Linksys parts (CF Card and USB adaptor) and am able to activesync and connect with no problem.

You may want to ensure that in the Activesync Tools menu on the ipaq that you've selected the correct host computer for remote syncing.

phr0ze
04-05-2002, 10:10 PM
I've had this problem. Here was my solution....

On your connection settings in the PDA...
When you want to surf the inet or your computer folders set 'my network card connects to INTERNET'
When you want to sync change the setting to WORK.

This works for me. Right now I'm trying to configure WORK to proxy through to the internet so I don't have to flip back and forth.

LAter

cburley
04-06-2002, 12:01 AM
Thanks for all of the help. I had done everything correctly. When nothing worked, I hard reset and reinstalled everything. Works fine now. Thanks again....
Chrisb