View Full Version : Compaq delivers BlueTooth SoftPaq

Ed Hansberry
03-19-2002, 12:00 AM
<a href="http://www.compaq.com/support/files/handhelds/us/download/13980.html">http://www.compaq.com/support/files/handhelds/us/download/13980.html</a><br /><br />This is for "All iPAQ H3600, H3700, and H3800 Series using the Bluetooth Wireless Pack and H3870 with integrated Bluetooth." It fixes at least three issues:<br /><br />• Fixes 3Com ActiveSync interoperability issues <br />• Fixes interoperability with Digianswer devices and file transfer. <br />• Fixes Status Dialog feature<br /><br />Lets hope they snuck in the "Unable to load bluetooth stack" fix. ;-)

Janak Parekh
03-19-2002, 12:51 AM
FINALLY!

Of course, I went and bought a TDK Bluetooth card in the meantime... now let's just hope I can stop worrying about soft resets :)

--bdj

Arne Hess
03-19-2002, 01:10 AM
Lets hope they snuck in the "Unable to load bluetooth stack" fix. ;-)

No, so far not on my Compaq H3875... :cry: Anyone has other experiences?

Hooch
03-19-2002, 05:41 AM
Is this update for anyone with an ipaq 38xx (even without a Bluethooth add-on yet)?

tonyrxman
03-19-2002, 06:56 AM
Is this update for anyone with an ipaq 38xx (even without a Bluethooth add-on yet)?

Hi Gang,
When I opened the Softpaq it ask me to "Please install the Bluetooth Manager program"????
Does anybody know how to get this to work????
Any help would be appreciated.......
Anthony ([email protected])

cjb
03-19-2002, 08:11 AM
Okay, got the patch on my 3870. But...the HP BT Connection Manager is using COM11 for serial port, ActiveSync just doesn't see this port. Anybody know what to do here? Mucho thanks! :lol:

Pony99CA
03-19-2002, 12:49 PM
Lets hope they snuck in the "Unable to load bluetooth stack" fix. ;-)

No, so far not on my Compaq H3875... :cry: Anyone has other experiences?

After I installed the patch, I tried to turn the radio on, and got the stack error, too.

Steve

Arne Hess
03-19-2002, 01:02 PM
After I installed the patch, I tried to turn the radio on, and got the stack error, too.

Steve

2 softresets later and more grehairs it works now - why ever... :?:

GregWard
03-19-2002, 02:03 PM
I couldn't get the download to work in my normal browser (Opera 6) - kept getting an error message about not being able to connect to the ftp channel.

Works fine in IE though - so this is just "for info" if anybody else has problems.

Jason Lee
03-19-2002, 06:00 PM
There are times that I regreted jumping the gun and buying the 3835 instead of waiting for the 3070... This is not one of those times. From what everyone I have talked to says that Bluetooth has a very low sucess rate. Plus the fact that there will not be any Bluetooth cell phones functional here for quite some time. *sigh* :cry: Bluetooth would be soooo cool if they ever get the bugs worked out. Or even a diferent technology that does the same thing.

Simplicius
03-19-2002, 07:17 PM
Having used a 3870 with an Ericsson cell phone for more than a month, I am a happy BT user. The only exception is that bluetooth stack error.

A week ago Compaq's hotline told me that this error will be dealt with in the softpaq. It is not. Even after a smooth installation and probably 10 soft resets, I am still getting the same result. This is really annoying. :x

CodeMonkey
05-25-2002, 02:07 AM
But...the HP BT Connection Manager is using COM11 for serial port, ActiveSync just doesn't see this port. Anybody know what to do here? Mucho thanks! :lol:

same here but mine starts at COM37 using the TDK USB Bluetooth