View Full Version : Jimmy Software news

marlof
03-13-2002, 04:37 PM
<a href="http://www.jimmysoftware.com/">http://www.jimmysoftware.com/</a><br /><br />Jimmy Software, the people behind JS Landscape and lots of cool games, have announced new tools, including the latest version of JS Landscape, version 3.0 that doesn't require resets between rotation. Next to these, they will introduce new 3D games at CeBIT. Source: Chris Coulter and Michael Wang.<br /><br /><b>Development Tools</b><br />• JS HAXMaster 1.0<br />Library for developers to hook any Windows CE API.<br />contact [email protected] for more detail<br /><br /><b>JS PowerToys X Series</b><br />• JS Landscape X 3.0 (Free upgrade for JS Landscape 2.0 users) <br />Any resolution. <br />Any rotation. <br />No reset required. <br />Support all model of PocketPC 2002.<br /><br />• JS IEXtension 1.0<br />Run multiple instant Pocket Internet Explorer. <br />View HTML source. <br />Run Pocket IE in full screen mode. <br />Save web page or avango page as text file.<br /><br />• JS KeyXtension 1.0<br />Definable Multi-lingual keyboard for any language to be input on PocketPC 2002.

PJE
03-13-2002, 05:17 PM
Make that, From JimmySoftware website...

Support all model of 16 bit colors Pocket PC 2002.

I tried it on my upgraded iPAQ and the first thing it asked was for a reset... from which it couldn't return. Manually reseting resulted in Caligrapher (6.3) complaining about the touchscreen dll so I uninstalled Caligrapher...

Still no joy, so I looked on the website and noticed the 16-bit color comment - my ipaq is 12-bit :( or am I missing something?

landscape X has now been removed and Calligrapher is going back in as I write this...

christak
03-13-2002, 05:47 PM
The new version of JSLandscape (3.0) does NOT appear to fully support PPC2000 machines. No pan/zoom control window appears on my 3600-series iPaq with the new version. The remainder of the functionality seems to work, but without the ability to pan and zoom the software is of limited value at best.

Jason Lee
03-13-2002, 05:48 PM
I like how they say rotation without reset. Rotation just changes the orientation of the picture on the screen, not the resolution. So, you can be running at 480x640 portrait and hit the rotate button and you are still running at 480x640 ony now you have to scroll to see the botton of the screen.

It slows my ipaq down too. Takes forever to do anything.
There is also a redraw problem. If you go from programs to today only the 320x240 area redraws. The rest of the screen is still the programs (or whatever you were at before you went to the today screen).

I do like that it is a program you run now. The old one ran every time you booted. I didn't like it running amuk in the background when I wasn't even using it.

Over all this version is MUCH better than the previous.
I don't think I'll use it much though. The only reason I used it before was for the hacked terminal services client on ppc 2000. You don't need to change resolution with the ppc 2002 ts client.

JJ
03-13-2002, 10:18 PM
The new version of JSLandscape (3.0) does NOT appear to fully support PPC2000 machines. . . .

For the old Pocket PC folks, a little patience please 8) . . . I e-mailed Jimmy concerning Pocket PC support and here's his reply:

We will release version for Pocket PC next week.

Current version support only Pocket PC 2002

Panutat Tejasen (A.K.A. Jimmy)
Jimmy Software Co.,Ltd.
50/5 Huay Kaew Road
Chiang Mai, 50300
Thailand
Tel (+66)-5322-4141
Fax (+66)-5322-4140
E-mail: [email protected]
URL: http://www.jimmysoftware.com

AKBishop
03-13-2002, 10:53 PM
There is also a redraw problem. If you go from programs to today only the 320x240 area redraws. The rest of the screen is still the programs (or whatever you were at before you went to the today screen).

I haven't downloaded it yet (not home where I have my JS Landscape 2 password), but what you're describing is not the fault of Jimmy Software. The today screen only draws 320 x 240 because it never has expected to be on any resolution larger than that. All the plugins, etc. expect those dimensions or things might go a little haywire.

I still never found JS Landscape that useful, though. It was cool, but that was about it. What does everyone else use it for?

JJ
03-13-2002, 11:42 PM
I still never found JS Landscape that useful, though. It was cool, but that was about it. What does everyone else use it for?

I use the higher resolution to take notes and view spreadsheet. Now, only if this thing can auto scroll to the right as I type then it'll be even better.

crackerheads
03-13-2002, 11:57 PM

I use it mainly for playing Bubblet. It fills the screen with bubbles to pop when using the higher resolution settings :D.

StoneRoses
03-14-2002, 08:06 AM
This is a really BIG thing!!!
JS HAXMaster 1.0 may become the HackMaster for Pocket PC!

Aceze
03-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Some guys were chatting on Brighthand that the whole "no reset required" when changing res is not true - apparently it got taken out due to "bugs" (according to Jimmy).

Personally, this makes the software pointless to me - why bother changing from the NYDITOT app that does all of what Jimmy Landscape does and for cheaper (and was done much earlier!)...?

Aceze

Sven Johannsen
03-14-2002, 04:36 PM
Personally, this makes the software pointless to me - why bother changing from the NYDITOT app that does all of what Jimmy Landscape does and for cheaper (and was done much earlier!)...?

And bothered to support other than ARM devices, when there were other than ARM devices. (I know they still exist and Nyditot is the solution for them)

BTW, I'm sure glad you can't include sound files with avatars :lol:

Aceze
03-14-2002, 06:25 PM
And bothered to support other than ARM devices, when there were other than ARM devices. (I know they still exist and Nyditot is the solution for them)

BTW, I'm sure glad you can't include sound files with avatars :lol:

Thanks! I forgot about the No MIPS/SH3 support as well. Shame on you Jimmy!! I cant believe it took them this long to upgrade their app to the point where it barely functions at the level that NYIDITOT has been functioning on for what 6+ months??

After Inaki Castillo left Jimmy Software, the whole place went way downhill. Look at their forums now, barely anyone posts (let alone Jimmy reps answering anything).

Aceze

st63z
03-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Oh, Inaki left Jimmy? I haven't heard that...

BTW, how would the JS IEXtension 1.0 compare to MultiIE 2.0 in functionality? I've already purchased MultiIE 2.0 but unfortunately it doesn't work (yet) on my iPAQ. I may give the JS a shot...

burmashave
03-15-2002, 07:58 AM
As far as I'm concerned, MultiIE is the way to go. The new version has tons of features -- the ability to open multiple windows is just one of them. It displays full-screen, allows display of selected graphics, provides a pop up favorites menu (unlike the horrible implementation of PIE's favorites), allows you to view source, and allows button mapping.