View Full Version : Wisbar 1.0 Beta Released

Tycho Morgan
03-12-2002, 03:47 AM
<a href="http://www.pelmarinc.com/">http://www.pelmarinc.com/</a><br /><br />It looks like at least one developer has taken the WisBar code and created an updated and improved version for Pocket PC 2002. This is really great for those of us who use the program religiously until Pocket PC 2002 came around when the program started to disagree with the new operating system. If the new version is anything like its predecessor, this is a great program for replacing the task bar with something far more functional; in addition, this program doesn't try and provide too much functionality, as a result the program doesn't affect the running speed of the operating system at all and is very easy to use, without confusing menus or option screens. I look forward to seeing a new and improved version of WisBar soon! <br /><br />Thanks to Mark Weston for pointing this out.

akur
03-12-2002, 06:01 AM
I like the new updated wisbar because now it support ppc 2002 and the bubble notification feature!

JJ
03-12-2002, 03:50 PM
I think the versioning number needs to be updated too so it doesn't confuse with the original Wisbar.

PJE
03-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Hi,

After installing the beta, the about box claims the version number to be 1.1.0 (beta) not 1.0.

I was using the old version with my upgraded iPaq, but I'm now loosing less of the 2002 functionality when using it.... excellent! :D

I also like the option to hold the close button to shutdown a program rather than minimize it... although the time delay could be reduced.

Regards,

docangle
03-12-2002, 05:14 PM
:cry: I am trying out the beta and have some problems with it, nothing happens when I tap on the battery meter (according to the beta information it should go to the power properties. Also the volume control in not functioning, even if I go to the menu and select volume control? I am using it on an Ipaq 3765.

JonnoB
03-12-2002, 06:42 PM
I like the new updated wisbar because now it support ppc 2002 and the bubble notification feature!

The website indicates that the notification is on the to-do list. It is now done?

akur
03-12-2002, 07:30 PM
Maybe it's not working for every notification, I don't know, but when i use the reminder feature, it's working!

JonnoB
03-12-2002, 07:42 PM
Maybe it's not working for every notification, I don't know, but when i use the reminder feature, it's working!

The window that opens still opens... the icons in the toolbar however that you need to click on to open the bubble window does not show up. These are the ActivSync icon, Messenger message waiting icon, etc.

Thomas E.
03-12-2002, 08:23 PM
The Volume control works fine for me. The battery icon does not work but I use PowerStore anyway so that no problem.

akur
03-12-2002, 10:30 PM

The window that opens still opens... the icons in the toolbar however that you need to click on to open the bubble window does not show up. These are the ActivSync icon, Messenger message waiting icon, etc.

Oh ok, I know what you mean now!
Yeah, when i'm connected to gprs and try to end the connection. i cannot see the 2 arrow icon. is this what you mean?

JonnoB
03-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Oh ok, I know what you mean now!
Yeah, when i'm connected to gprs and try to end the connection. i cannot see the 2 arrow icon. is this what you mean?

Exactly... There are tons of notification icons... some include the pop-up window automatically, some do not. Windows Messenger, new PPC2k2 Phone Edition connection status, and lots of other apps use this area. I think that as more applications become available, it will be more widely used.

refugee
03-13-2002, 03:45 AM
i downloaded the file, & it would not install...i also tried to drag it into my documents, & nothing happened...help! i am not a novice, but this is not a cab file obviously :oops:

refugee
03-13-2002, 03:47 AM
this is not a cab file or exe. how do you install? i uninstalled theold one 1st also...help! :oops:

JonnoB
03-13-2002, 05:03 AM
this is not a cab file or exe. how do you install? i uninstalled theold one 1st also...help! :oops:

it is a compressed cab file. I installed it without any problems.

refugee
03-13-2002, 02:27 PM

it is a compressed cab file. I installed it without any problems.

there's a new one. what uncompresses a .cab file? when i click on it it asks me to select a reader for the file. i have aladdin stuffit & winzip, but neither seems to recognize it... 8O

MWWeston
03-13-2002, 03:39 PM
refugee

download the file to your desktop computer. right click on the newly downloaded file and select copy. use windows explorer on your desktop computer to access the files on your connected PocketPC. right click in the PocketPC folder and select paste. Once it is on your PocketPC, use the PocketPC file explorer to find the file and then click on it. That should launch and install the file.

Charis 2 U
03-13-2002, 05:20 PM
iPAQ 3765 - Battery does not bring up power settings; calendar and contacts icons still do not look right in running tasks. However, smart minimize, the new look, and the working volume Rocks!

Charis 2 U
03-13-2002, 05:25 PM
:?: Is it possible to get the Calendar and Tasks icons to appear properly in the running tasks?

refugee
03-14-2002, 03:25 AM
refugee

download the file to your desktop computer. right click on the newly downloaded file and select copy. use windows explorer on your desktop computer to access the files on your connected PocketPC. right click in the PocketPC folder and select paste. Once it is on your PocketPC, use the PocketPC file explorer to find the file and then click on it. That should launch and install the file.

i must have a problem here, i did what you said, & got this message: There is no application associated with "wisbar". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application.
Do i have to install this stupid thing INSIDE the old wisbar? I am getting very frustrated here. never mind, i installed icbar.arm, at least they had the courtesy to craft it as a cabinet file. Thanks anyway... :D