View Full Version : Audiovox Pocket PC for $299

Jason Dunn
02-28-2002, 07:24 PM
<a href="http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=288988&tabtype=rb">http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=288988&tabtype=rb</a><br /><br />Jon Hepner found this awesome price on a the Audiovox Pocket PC - it's the same as the Toshiba units, with a 206 Mhz StrongARM, 32 megs of RAM, dual memory slots...all for $299. Great price point!

van_mierlo
03-01-2002, 12:17 AM
I think the name Audiovox is going to be removed to be replaced with the Toshiba e570 since they will sell now to rgular costumers

entropy1980
03-01-2002, 04:43 AM
What a great deal! I might pick one up for that price!

Jaxbulls
03-01-2002, 07:16 AM
My ipaq 3635 is on ebay as we speak!
I can't believe how cheap this is.

Timothy Rapson
03-01-2002, 01:33 PM
WOW!
Now you're talking PPC.

jdhill
03-01-2002, 05:34 PM
I picked one up for my wife last night. This is a great price for this device. They're not going to stay around long at this price point (are you listening device makers ???) :P

johnm
03-01-2002, 08:08 PM
Oh man, my buddy at work just picked one up. I'm jealous. It solves my biggest Ipaq complaint about having my wireless card and memory card installed at the same time. Plus after my 2002 upgrade I don't have any RAM left. At least a real 2002 device, even with only 32meg RAM, actually has 32M you can use.

This is a real bargin. The only downsides I can see are: slightly smaller screen (compared to ipaq), although full 16bit color, and won't work with my stowaway keyboard.

Dave Conger
03-01-2002, 08:31 PM
At least a real 2002 device, even with only 32meg RAM, actually has 32M you can use.

Minus the memory used for program memory (not storage). It is to bad 32mb didn't mean 32mb of storage, and then there was addition (upgradeable) program memory.

Have we heard anything about a new non-wireless device out of Audiovox? I know the Thera is coming, but what about a 64mb Maestro?

johnm
03-02-2002, 12:41 AM
Have we heard anything about a new non-wireless device out of Audiovox? I know the Thera is coming, but what about a 64mb Maestro?

That is just the stock Toshiba device. The Audivox even says Toshiba on the back.

Jaxbulls
03-04-2002, 03:28 AM
Just checked it again and now its only $285!!!!!!!!

[Cruzer]
03-04-2002, 09:22 AM
I just bought one. I was shocked that it dropped even more $284.99. So without even blinking.. swooped one up. I'm not used to the smaller screen yet but clearity of the screen has made my eyes feel much better. I'm liking the unit more but i'm sorta missing all the accessories I have with my ipaq. Well I'll play with it somemore and find out.

RC

Kunle
03-06-2002, 01:08 AM
What do you think about CompUSA's 2 yr extended service warranty for $99? Has anyone found having it to be a life saver, or is it a waste of time and money to purchase? I hear that CompUSA service is terrible, so I'm wondering if they will actually make it as simple as they say it will be to use, should I need to replace the Meastro. Supposedly it's meant to be as easy as walking in and handing it to them for a replacement, no questions asked. Anyone have a different experience they like to share before I get the Audiovox and this warranty?

ojlittle
03-07-2002, 03:17 AM
Well, I got my Audiovox today & I'm quite impressed so far. Everything seems to work great. I'm waiting on my 3rd Casio (BLOD on the other 2) & I'm getting pretty upset with them. I popped in a 64mb SD card & 128mb CF card & I don't need anymore internal memory. Keep documents & programs on the SD card (which I never take out) & unimportant info on the CF card (which I take out to use my modem & Symbol wireless card). Works great!

ojlittle
03-07-2002, 08:39 AM
Still playing w/my new Audiovox & I'm beginning to think it's broken! I've been reading email, posting on the web, & surfing & my battery is still @ 100%! (going on 2hrs) I heard the battery life sucked, but once again this "cheapy" is outdoing all of the other PPC2002 devices I've owned (E-200, Jornada 568, iPAQ 3835). You should get one if they're still available where you live. the only con I have so far is that it doesn't have a scroll wheel or rocker.

ojlittle
03-07-2002, 05:15 PM
Audiovox update is available if anyone needs it. The link is posted on ludipocket.

buffalo
03-29-2002, 04:08 PM
I bought the Maestro Pocket PC last night at CompUSA.
It worked good last night. I brought
it to the office today and I'm seeing
alot of erratic styles behavior.

When I place the styles down in one spot, I can see
a line being drawn as if I was moving it, but I'm not.

It gets pretty bad, so much so that I can't get applications to run.
I can't get to settings/systems to re-zero the stles.

I reset it, didn't help. I also re-initialized it, this worked
only temporarily.

Since I'm new to PDA's I'm not sure if its a simple problem
to fix. Or if I should return it because it might be a hardware problem.

Any thoughts?

-Matt