View Full Version : Mazingo Survey

Jason Dunn
02-27-2002, 09:08 PM
<a href="http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?V9HJWD89Q87NC1FLA82FFR8F">http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?V9HJWD89Q87NC1FLA82FFR8F</a><br /><br />Mazingo is looking for feedback from users on how they use the service, and what sort of content they'd be interested in using. Here's your chance to shape the future of Mazingo!

jpaq
02-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Great service and I am all for the underdog or the new guy, but it is soooo sloooowwww to syncccccccc.
It is just painful. The sad part is that I am experienceing this without any multimedia content. I can't imagine syncing video. Do I plug in my Jornada, take a 3 hour tour, and hope that the sync will be done when I get back?

Hooch Tan
02-28-2002, 12:39 AM
Maybe if they set up a log viewer that could show you which sites are slow to sync and set up profiles so you could sync only the fast ones or a complete list would help.

To jpaq: Are you aware of the scheduling abliity of Mazingo?

jpaq
02-28-2002, 04:13 AM
Actually I was not aware of that, but I feel like that somewhat counters the immediacy and portability of a PDA. If I want to utilize the scheduled sync, I need to set an appointment to remind myself to cradle my pda? I'm scheduling my life around my pda. I thought I was to schedule my life with it, not for it.

Hooch Tan
02-28-2002, 04:20 AM
I think I know what you mean, jpaq. Mazingo usually takes at least 30 minutes for it to sync with my settings and channels. But with regards to the scheduling aspect, the reason why I mention it is that I set Mazingo to sync in the morning, just before I wake up and it syncs to my CF card through my CF reader on my PC. That way, in the morning, I just drop the CF card into my iPaq before I leave for work and I'm all set.

That being said, I do agree with you. Mazingo does take waaaaaay too long to sync.

jfrancis
02-28-2002, 11:24 AM
Yes, one of the big advantages of AvantGo IMO was that you could choose the sync schedule for each of your channels individually. I had most of mine update once a day at 3pm, so I knew that when I left the office, if I synced, I'd get up to date information. It also meant that only my TV guide and the BBC news were updated at every sync, making it quick to complete.

Mazingo has some way to go yet. They do seem quite responsive and far less arrogant than AvantGo though.