View Full Version : HP says it has resolved the dust issue

bbarker
02-27-2002, 02:59 AM
I emailed HP support about dust under my screen. I've written to them previously about this but have not sent mine in for a replacement before. I wanted to wait until they sounded more certain about fixing the problem. This time their response differed significantly from the previous one.A dust issue had occurred in the initial stages of production of the Jornada 568 PC. However this issue has been resolved by HP.

Please contact the local vendor where you purchased the unit. The reseller will take the best possible action.

However if the reseller is unable to help you with this issue, please contact the HP Customer Care center in your location. A representative at the Call Center will be able to present you with the options at hand to decide the best course of action.

For a list of Customer Care Centers in your area, please check your manual or the Jornada website at the following URL: www.hp.com/jornada/products/assistance/world_support_numbers.html
I called them and they're sending me a refurbished unit. I asked repeatedly whether this unit would definitely have the fix implemented. He said yes, but didn't sound that certain. He said if it didn't I should call immediately.

I also mentioned paint coming off the side of my Jornada. They said this also is a reason to send it in.

onemanband
03-01-2002, 04:31 AM
last night's response to this is conspicuosly missing -

I have a 2xxx unit and dust is definately in the lower left hand corner - I'm begining to feel like big brother is breathing down my neck, as I have sent four of these units back, and the "dust eliminated one" is exhibiting signs of the same problem.

Does it surprize you that I might have such a post chopped out of this discussion? HP has my number, and they don't want this kind of info out there right now.

dust IS dust.

Gimme a break - thoughts!

bbarker
03-01-2002, 11:31 AM
onemanband, I don't think HP has any censorship ability on this discussion forum.

onemanband
03-01-2002, 03:42 PM
perhaps not -

my post stands, and there was probably an unrelated reason for the erasure of my previous one.

As for my spec of dust, I'm living with it. Everything about the 56x series is really excellent, with the exception of this one issue.

Still, when I read here that dust is not a factor on post 48 units, I have to speak up.

Good luck, and I hope that you get one without the problem - it seems that some people actually have.

OMB

Jason Dunn
03-01-2002, 05:33 PM
last night's response to this is conspicuosly missing

??? I certainly didn't delete your post. I was monitoring this thread and didn't see any new posts...?

onemanband
03-04-2002, 04:50 AM
I put in a response as soon as I saw this, but user error has been known to trick the best of us. Thanks for letting me know it was not "erased" , as I am pretty fired up about the dust issue, and was obviously not happy in seeing a post disappear.

Bottom line - I have dust in a 20xxx unit - it's all I really wanted to say.

Wish it wasn't there - but it is!

:(
OMB