View Full Version : Advice on expansion, MMC or PC battery?

palmsolo
02-22-2002, 01:40 AM
I am currently testing and reviewing the Colorgraphic and Margi VGA cards with my HP567. The Margi card is awesome and requires a Type II slot. I bought the Atek CF Pocket adapter and am happy with it, except I lose the ability to use my MMC/battery pack. The problem with this is that I then have to store all presentations in RAM. My only solution to this would be to return the Atek adapter and MMC/battery pack and get the PC card adapter. I am trying to balance what way to go and would like other's opinions. Here is my pros and cons lists:

Keep MMC and Atek CF Pocket
Pros
-Small form factor for everyday use
-Only use Type II for presentations
Cons
-Can't use external memory with Atek
-Standard battery

Exchange for PC card adapter
Pros
-Can use MMC with presentations
-Can use anything in PC slot (CFII, MMC, SD with adapters) including WiFi
-Extended battery
Cons
-Heavy and makes HP bulky which may lead to less use of MMC slot
-Can't sync without buying USB cable

Thanks for your advice.

Terry
02-22-2002, 05:15 AM
Your pros and cons pretty much sum up the pros and cons. I'll add that the MMCs don't really seem to work very well for me right now (others have varied experiences) so you might not get any extra storage with PC Card adapter :?

Sven Johannsen
03-09-2002, 04:33 AM
Due to some other forum discussions I went to Margi's site and posted my interest in a Type I Margi solution. Same reason, I have the MMC/Battery and would lose my storage with the ATEK. The PCCard seems pretty bulky, and expensive just to be able to use the Margi. I don't have a strong need.

A sales guy actually called and said they expect to have a Type I Margi solution out in under three weeks. They were willing to take a pre order. I was not willing to place one though :).

Maybe they'd exchange?