View Full Version : What features would you like to see in WISBar?

spg
02-21-2002, 11:47 PM
In order to get feedback for developers I am posting the following question-

What new features would you like to see put into WISBar? And what bugs do you know of that need to be fixed?

All feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

lar3ry
02-22-2002, 12:43 AM
What new features would you like to see put into WISBar? And what bugs do you know of that need to be fixed?

I like WISBar. It gives me some of the functionality that my wife's PPC (PocketPC 2002) has, without me having to upgrade. [smile]

Here are some ideas:

Control of the "system" font for things shown on the Today page (this may not be a function of WISBar, though)
Support for PPC 2002 theme files, at least for the elements that WISBar controls
Change the word "Settings" in the WISBar menu to "WISBar settings" so the uninitiated don't think this will get them to the control panel
Support for modifying the WISBar settings from the control panel (the control panel is the "Start Menu/Settings" display)

There are probably other things, but these come to mind immediately.

ironguy
02-22-2002, 04:47 PM
It would be nice if all the WIS bar settings could be applied from a single theme selection, like Gigabar. Currently you have to select individual images. Also along that line, keep the ability to select which images you want then save them as a theme or whatever. With this, the ability to keep a theme in a folder and have it selectable (like Dashboard).

Here's a more difficult one - put it on the bottom of the screen!

Teddy
03-05-2002, 04:09 PM
Have you guys seen this:
http://www.wdolphin.com/products/PocketSTM/index.htm

Jason Dunn
03-05-2002, 04:40 PM
I think it's *really* important that for WISBar to remain fast and stable, it not be turned into a Gigabar-like tool that does "everything". WISBar should remain a task management, battery & storage measurement tool.

snayar
03-06-2002, 01:05 AM
:roll:

I love the new PPC2002 interface and the way you can customize it with Themes, so I would love to have Wisbar to be transparent so my PPC2002 gradients, clock, speaker, messages and alerts will show up and only have the close, Today and batteryand memory icons visible.

Best regards,
Sergio

UG9
03-07-2002, 06:14 PM
Don't fix what ain't broke. I agree that it should not become the next GigaBar.
Its fast, lightweight, and VERY, VERY stable. I'd like it to stay that way.

I like the idea in a previous post about WisBar "themes".

I would also like to be able to set the order of the items permanently, and be able to
override any settings of that type in a wisbar Theme or Dashboard/Wisbar skin.
For example, I always like my clock at the far right, and my today icon at the far left.