View Full Version : Bluetooth Headset for iPAQ in second quarter!?!

mclaughlinc
02-17-2002, 04:42 AM
Like many of you I'm looking at the all in one PDA's and Bluetooth enabled cell phones and wondering what will be the best solution for me.
Back in January I bought a new iPAQ 3870 thinking that Bluetooth would be the way to go. What I think would be perfect for me is my 3870 with GSM/GPRS sleeve and a Bluetooth enabled headset. In reading some of the threads in different PPC sites I've heard that the profile for headsets aren't supported in the 3870 yet. So I sent an e-mail to Comapnq and was told the following

"I show a Bluetooth headset to be released in Q2."

Boy I can't wait for this!! I mean think about how cool it will be to have a iPAQ with a cellular service and a wireless headset!

James
02-17-2002, 05:27 AM
I'm gonna wait for an independent confirmation, 'cause the folks at Compaq Sales rarely have a clue these days

philfp
02-18-2002, 08:21 PM
I'm gonna wait for an independent confirmation, 'cause the folks at Compaq Sales rarely have a clue these days

Sadly true. I've considered the separation of Ericsson headset, Ericsson phone and iPaq as being the only practical solution out there today. Mind you, how tempting to carry one less thing around...!