View Full Version : D-Link wireless CF battery drain

randyhoutx
02-16-2002, 08:58 PM
HI All

I have the D-Link DCF-650W 802.11b CF card and it works fine except if I forget and leave it in the CF slot it drains my battery down to zero, erasing everything stored in memory and forcing me to setup my Ipaq all over again!

Of course, it didn't take me long to figure out that I should back up to CF card but still what a pain! If I sit the iPaq down for the evening and don't pick it up until the next day then my battery is drained and all my data is lost!

Any tips? Are other wireless CF card like this?

spg
02-16-2002, 09:02 PM
It sounds like power management on the card is turned off. My dad's symbol card will do this unless he turns power management on. Don't know if that helps you any or not, but that is my 2 cents.

randyhoutx
02-16-2002, 10:23 PM
There is a control panel in Settings but it only allows me to configure the IP address and name servers. No power management setting.

Jason Dunn
02-16-2002, 10:32 PM
There is a control panel in Settings but it only allows me to configure the IP address and name servers. No power management setting.

Supposedly if you install the Symbol drivers, then uninstall them, you'll have power management bits left behind. I haven't tried this though...

randyhoutx
02-17-2002, 12:13 AM
I tried that to no avail

ppcinfo
03-06-2002, 05:41 AM
The D-Link software allows you to use a power saver mode to conserve battery power. In the Settings Control Panel under "System", select the "DCF-650W CF Card" icon to configure the D-Link card (make sure you have the C-Link card attached before doing this). Next, Select the "Configure" tab and check the "Power Save" radio button. That should do it!

ppcinfo