View Full Version : PDABuzz.com has been acquired yet again!

Jason Dunn
02-13-2002, 12:51 AM
<a href="http://www2.pdabuzz.com/Forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33394">http://www2.pdabuzz.com/Forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33394</a><br /><br />So how does one get "acquired" anyway? I assume that being "acquired" means you get a real salary, so I'm leaving for the afternoon to go get a t-shirt made that says "Please Acquire Me". Not sure how the wife will feel about that...<br /><br />Jokes aside, it sounds like this is a good move for Wes - way to go buddy!<br /><br />"Long time PDABuzz.com users may recall that back in August of 1999, close to one year after this site was launched, we were acquired by CompanionLink Software, Inc. It was this acquisition that not only kept the "lights on" around here so to speak, but allowed PDABuzz.com to grow at a record pace. Today CompanionLink Software and Handheld Media Group (HHMG) announced that this site will be changing hands yet again, with HHMG acquiring PDABuzz.com as their first step to broadening their mobile computing coverage beyond the PalmOS market. Along with HHMG comes a number of great opportunities for PDABuzz.com to expand and enhance the already great array of content we currently offer."

Wes
02-13-2002, 01:11 AM
That's how it worked for me, I'll send ya mine if you don't mind the pizza stain and the "air conditioned" left arm-pit? Maybe it's lucky.

Now I wear "I got acquired TWICE and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!" :)

Jason Dunn
02-13-2002, 01:30 AM
That's how it worked for me, I'll send ya mine

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :lol:

RLBogue
02-13-2002, 01:31 AM
Jason - On the semi-serious side... Internet.com is always looking for new "properties." Maybe they would be interested. Although, I have to admit you have to be concerned about their stability.

Rob

st63z
02-13-2002, 02:12 AM
Eugene at StorageReview has now committed to staying alive (not sure how myself), but Davin's leaving for a "real" job :(

Oh, what's the story behind internet.com? I remember they bought HardwareCentral, SharkyExtreme, and other sites...

RLBogue
02-13-2002, 02:59 AM
My suggestion is to do some searches. Internet.com has a huge stable of sites now. But they've had the same problem as other internet sites in terms of advertising.

Jason Dunn
02-13-2002, 05:17 AM
Eugene at StorageReview has now committed to staying alive

That's good to hear. If everyone emailed his advertisers and thanked them for supporting the site...

Mike Wagstaff
02-13-2002, 12:58 PM
I'm still waiting for ZDNet to buy my site out for a few million (or something reasonably close). I think that their offer must have got lost in the post... ;)

spg
02-15-2002, 04:57 PM
That's how it worked for me, I'll send ya mine if you don't mind the pizza stain and the "air conditioned" left arm-pit? Maybe it's lucky.

Now I wear "I got acquired TWICE and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!" :)

I think I'll enter the T-Shirt business, sounds like I could make some money :P .

~Spencer

speter
02-15-2002, 11:45 PM
I think I'll enter the T-Shirt business, sounds like I could make some money :P .

The real trick is to figure out how to make users need frequent upgrades.