View Full Version : Bachmann PrintBoy CE

Jason Dunn
02-06-2002, 09:30 PM
<a href="http://www.bachmannsoftware.com/pbce.htm">http://www.bachmannsoftware.com/pbce.htm</a><br /><br />It's nice to see another printing option for the Pocket PC, especially one that looks as powerful as Printboy CE does. The $89.99 bundle includes an infrared printing adaptor for your printer. If you only want the software, it's $39.99.<br /><br />"Bachmann PrintBoy CE is a software application that provides the convenience of highly readable graphical printouts for documents you have stored on your Pocket PC. PrintBoy CE allows you to simply point your PocketPC device at your printer's infrared port (Bluetooth, network and 802.11b are also supported), select the document of your choice, and tap "print" - your information will immediately be formatted and printed on readable, full-size paper. <br /><br />• Rich Text Formatting: Includes color, bold, italics, underline and strike-through <br />• Font Support: All TrueType fonts available on the PocketPC are supported; plus the opportunity to add more ! <br />• Paragraph Justification: PrintBoy CE supports Left, Center and Right justification <br />• International Language - Includes German, French and more…. <br />• Preserves Images <br />• Multi Paper Size Support - Including custom set margins <br /><br />Source: Steve Wheeler

r-vanhove
02-06-2002, 10:18 PM
This is exactly the same software as the PrintPocketCE.
Maybe they have licensed the software?

Gerard
02-07-2002, 12:35 AM
The FieldSoftware licensing is not something the company wants to emphasize.
I will be reviewing the Ir adapter and this software for PocketNow if/when a unit/regcode get delivered, as they told me last week they would be shipping soon.

Terry
02-07-2002, 05:26 AM
So it only prints mail, Word, and Excel?

Gerard
02-07-2002, 05:41 AM
So far, yup. But Tim's a busy developer, and I would expect to see a lot better printing support before long. PDF and HTML are high on my list, though of course you can select text manually from either and paste this into a plaintext file, then print, or use PocketClipPrint to print directly from the clipboard without any new document being formed in the device. And if you've got the right tricks, you can even print images embedded in Pocket Word docs, but that's a bit complicated to arrange.

Terry
02-08-2002, 05:49 AM
The program would be more useful if it could screen print.

Gerard
02-08-2002, 08:28 AM
Sure it would. But with PQView, Gigabar, and MagicSS being all freeware screen capture programs (the first two obviously being much more besides), all you need is some software to print images. PocketPixPrint does that very well. Yeah, I know, more purchases...