View Full Version : The Road Ahead At Smartphone Thoughts

Mike Temporale
03-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I know what that all of you have been wondering where&rsquo;s Mike and what&rsquo;s he been up to. Well, the truth is that I have been busy with work. In the 4th quarter of 2007 I took a job at a prominent Windows Mobile ISV and it has proven to be a very busy place with lots of things on the go, making it pretty hard to keep on top of my managing editor duties at SPT while still meeting my objectives at work. That&rsquo;s not fair to the our community and news team. As a result, I will be stepping down as Managing Editor. Smartphone Thoughts needs someone that can devote more time and energy to it than what I am able to give at this time. <br /><br />The last 4+ years have been wonderful and provided me with some awesome opportunities. I hope that things at work can settle down and I can get back to having some free time to do the more pleasurable things &ndash; like being a more active member of the Windows Mobile community. <br /><br />Don't worry, this is not the end for me. I&rsquo;ll still be around and posting the odd rant or hack or maybe even some breaking news. However, I don&rsquo;t expect that I can reliably post news or press releases like I once did. And if you're interested in tracking me a little closer, well there's always my <a href="http://mike.temporale.com" target="_blank">personal blog</a> - where you can read all the dry and boring details that are going on in my life. ;-)

Rocco Augusto
03-02-2008, 09:54 PM
I wish you all the best Mike and we're going to miss you around here! :(

Darius Wey
03-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Best wishes, Mike. But don't think you're getting rid of us that easily! Hope to see you around. ;)

Stinger
03-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Sorry to see you step down. You've done an excellent job with SPT. :)

edgar
03-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Congrats on the new Job Mike. I know the feeling - my last two years in a startup has been a blur and my contributions to *thoughts has dropped to all time lows.

It sucks when work gets in the way of fun. I am lucky though, I am maxing my passion with my job so all is not lost.

edgar shoves Rocco to the front row :)

God speed and great times.

Rocco Augusto
03-03-2008, 09:19 PM
edgar shoves Rocco to the front row :)

Hey now, no pushing! Sheesh, are managing news editor leaves for one day and we resort to horse-playing! :rolleyes::p

edgar
03-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Actually, we all stepped back one and left you in front. :)

Those old B-roll comedy movies have some good ideas sometimes.

Rocco Augusto
03-03-2008, 09:40 PM
wait, so "who's" on first?

Richard76
03-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Kudos for a job well done Mike and best of luck with your new position, we will miss you!

Although I have not been posting much due to my hiatus with the Curve and more recent WM Pro devices, I have been lurking. And, I always look forward to my Friday (Pocket PC Thoughts) and Monday (Smart Phone Thoughts) emails where I can "peek into the future".

I am also reminded of your visits and contributions to the Ontario Pocket PC (ONPPC) meetings at First Canadian Place.

May the (WinMo) force be with you!

Mike Temporale
03-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. But please remember, I'm not dead - yet. ;) I'm still around and I'll still post some rants - like the one coming up shortly.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the time I spent managing SPT and getting to know all of you really well. There's lots more to come - I'm not going to fade off into the distance just yet. ;)