View Full Version : Zune Wireless Podcast Sync - Why?

rad3d
02-20-2008, 04:11 AM
I just got a Zune 80, and I really like it. But one of the things I bought it for was wireless podcasts sync. Someone tell why in the world it is necessary to synchronize podcasts through Marketplace? Podcasts have their own feed, allowing them to be synchronized directly to the device.

I've been using a Sony PSP for the last year as a podcast receiver in my car. For a media player, it's clunky and has many limitations - but for automatically synching podcasts, the PSP is so much easier to work with than the Zune as it has direct connection to any accessible wireless network, and has scheduled synch which works whether it's hooked up to power or not. I could leave it in my car overnight and I'd have new podcast episodes on it in the morning - without having to have any PCs running in the house.

Why not the Zune?

eufreka
03-18-2008, 08:52 PM
I just got a Zune 80, and I really like it. But one of the things I bought it for was wireless podcasts sync. Someone tell why in the world it is necessary to synchronize podcasts through Marketplace? Podcasts have their own feed, allowing them to be synchronized directly to the device.

I've been using a Sony PSP for the last year as a podcast receiver in my car. For a media player, it's clunky and has many limitations - but for automatically synching podcasts, the PSP is so much easier to work with than the Zune as it has direct connection to any accessible wireless network, and has scheduled synch which works whether it's hooked up to power or not. I could leave it in my car overnight and I'd have new podcast episodes on it in the morning - without having to have any PCs running in the house.

Why not the Zune?

You would probably be happier with an iPod.