View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Chris Gohlke

Jason Dunn
02-20-2008, 02:35 AM
I wanted to wish a happy birthday to our very own Chris Gohlke! Today is Chris' birthday, and he's a stalwart force around here at Digital Home Thoughts, dishing up news posts and reviews with equal aplomb (look for his first video review coming up soon). I couldn't run Digital Home Thoughts without volunteers like Chris, so he has my deepest gratitude for his great contributions to this site. If you appreciate Chris and the work he does, and want to show it in a tangible way, here's his <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html/103-1429272-7375832?ie=UTF8&amp;type=wishlist&amp;id=2DO7B125W95NM" target="_blank">Amazon.com wish list</a>. Happy birthday Chris!

Darius Wey
02-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Happy Birthday, Chris! Any new toys? :D

Chris Gohlke
02-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Rock Band, some DVDs, and CD's. (and a bottle of Scotch :) )

Suhit Gupta
02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey Chris,
Wish you a very happy birthday. :-) Thanks for all your great work here on DHT.

Suhit

Jason Dunn
02-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Rock Band...

Rock Band is hilarious - as a musician who plays bass guitar and sings, it's SO hard to play any of those damn games, because you hear the music and you hear what you should play, but it's not what's on the screen. It gets closer to reality on harder settings, but then they do crazy things that most musicians wouldn't (except the lead guitarist maybe). And it sucks that when they added a vocal element they didn't add a pitch shift option - most people (myself included) can't sing the screaming high alto lead vocals that most of the songs have. :rolleyes:

...but have fun with it anyway. :D

Chris Gohlke
02-20-2008, 06:37 PM
That is what the Scotch is for.