View Full Version : zune software help please

ejs06003
02-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Hi, I have had my zune for a long time, since they first came out and I have been on all the Zune sites since then as well.

Anyway i am having trouble with the software. I have deleted all of my media from the software and I want to add it again. I click on settings to do the managed folder thing to add media but it doesnt add anything at all. I know there is the restore deleted media but that is not what I want. If anyone can help i would appreciate it. I deleted it to re-add it just differently organized but it will not add again. I have uninstalled the zune software reset my zune and everything. I dont get it, this software just isnt the norm

If anyone has had this problem and can help. thank you.

Jason Dunn
02-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah, it's a bit confusing, but "Restore Deleted Media" is essentially "re-scan all my media". I don't think it actually restores anything, although I can't be 100% sure as I've only used that function once. And it's always a bit nerve-wracking to run something called "Restore Deleted Media" after you've carefully perfected all your meta-data...

Try this instead:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945319?sd=zune

Method two will force the software to re-index everything from scratch, which it seems is really what you want.

Let me know how it works out for you! :)