View Full Version : Question from a new Zune user

cab124
01-31-2008, 04:07 AM
Over the holidays, I suggested that my sister buy my 13-yr-old niece a Zune for Christmas and she did. Personally, I don't have a Zune or an iPod because I use a Pocket PC for my mobile media. Today, I received this email from my niece, expressing some dissatisfaction with her Zune, especially relative to her friends that mostly use iPods. I was wondering if some of you who use the Zune might give me some insight into how to respond to this email.

Thanks!!

"Hey Uncle Craig,

I just had some questions and things I wanted to ask you about my zune. Mom says that you told her that zunes are better than ipods, but I was just starting to wonder because the majority of people at school have ipods. I hear really good things about them and they just seem more easy to deal with. Not that I want an ipod only because they're popular, but because everyone I talk to has really good things to say about them.

First of all, with this whole movie thing, I understand that zune marketplace does not carry movies in the present, but they eventually will in the future. The only question is when? Soon I would hope. With ipods, you just use itunes (which is like zune marketplace) and can basically buy anything.

Also, I wanted to download some stuff off of youtube, and people say using certain software you can, but it's so complicated with all this different software (that you probably have to buy). With ipods, you can just download stuff fom youtube off of itunes, and it just seems a lot easier. So you can basically buy everything you need from one place, with no complications. I trust your judgement, but I just wanted to bring some of this up. These portable devices cost so much money, I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision. Ipod seems a little more established, and after that deffect I had with my old zune, it scares me a little bit. My old one was just deleting everything I put on it automatically, and ever since I exchanged it I haven't had the slightest problem whatsoever. Hope everything is going well for you!

see ya!"