View Full Version : Stupid Question #2 Multiple Players One Computer

flooder
01-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Can you easily have multiple players and only use one computer? If I buy one of these for my wife, I will probably want one 10 mins later. We will definitely want different music on our players.

Sven Johannsen
02-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Yes you can do that. I sync a 30G and an 8G to my PC, with different suites on each. You need to spend the time setting up the various playlists...in the Zune software...that you and your wife want. It seems to want to load all your media, but that is easily stopped in the setup. Then you connect a Zune, and it is recognized and you associate it with the playlists you want on it. That is just a matter of dragging the playlist onto the little zune icon. When you connect the second Zune, you do the same for it. You can actually cradle two for charging at the same time, but you can only have one actively syncing.

This was something that MS had to support. They want folks to have a 30G because they were early adopters, an 80 because it is better, and an assortment of colors to match moods or outfits. They had better support different loads on the multiple platforms, whether for the same person or multiple in a household.