View Full Version : Zune Desktop Software 2.3 Fixes Explained

Jason Dunn
01-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Well, well - it seems that 2.3 software update contains more than just a few little fixes - there's some <a target="_blank" href="http://forums.zune.net/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=125458">very significant stuff in the update</a>. I've re-published the list here for your convenience.<br /><br />&quot;Key Marketplace fixes<br /><br />* Allow users to view top music videos in marketplace<br />* Misc improved error messaging including splitting sign-in issues into 4 separate errors for customer and support benefit<br />* Resolved most cases where retrieval of subscription download history stalls<br />* Better handling of accounts that have expired credit cards<br />* Podcasts with spaces in their name can now be subscribed to<br />* Marketplace no longer blocks explicit content purchases when parental controls are set to allow<br />* Points balance label is now updated when user purchases new points<br /><br />Key Player UI fixes<br /><br />* Allow zooming in/out (2x, 4x, fullscreen) during video playback to prevent stretched playback<br />* Ability to switch Zune to GDI mode through command-line parameter<br /><div style="page-break-after: always;"><span style="display: none;">&nbsp;</span></div><br />Key Podcast fixes<br /><br />* Allow subscriptions to podcasts larger than 10MB<br />* Fixed some parsing errors that prevented some podcasts from syncing to the device<br />* Fixed bug where podcasts were unsubscribing themselves<br /><br />Key Setup fixes<br /><br />* Fixed numerous bugs affecting build to build upgrades<br />* Improved installation for users accessing from corporate networks<br />* Fixed driver uninstall failures<br />* Included device 2.3 firmware in client download<br />* Failure in creating system restore point no longer blocks client installation<br /><br />Key Sync fixes<br /><br />* Fixed issues with reverse sync<br />* Fixes issues with sync meter UI showing incorrect information as to what is on the device<br />* Fixed issues using wireless sync with multiple devices to the same PC<br />* Fixed a few different issues setting up wireless sync<br />* Device is no longer being reported as full even after deleting large file from device<br />* Device content is no longer being turned into guest content when it shouldn&rsquo;t be<br />* Content with bad metadata now shows properly so it can be removed from device<br />* Turning off &ldquo;autolaunch when a Zune device is connected&rdquo; no longer prevents &ldquo;Sync Now&rdquo; from working from a wirelessly connected device<br />* Podcast bookmarking is now transferred/saved to the device<br />* Wireless sync connection continues to work after rebooting host computer<br />* Unsubscribe podcast from device now works properly<br />* Changing album art in the client now updates the device as well<br />* Duplicate tracks are no longer synced to the device twice<br /><br />Key Xbox Streaming bug fixes<br /><br />* Xbox Streaming now monitors the rip folder if user changes default location<br />* No need to reinstall client to fix Xbox Streaming when upgrading from XP to Vista<br /><br />Key Infrastructure fixes<br /><br />* Vista x64 customers can now get to web help from error messages<br />* Client no longer crashes if database is corrupted<br /><br />Key Library fixes<br /><br />* Changes in pictures or video metadata made outside client will now get updated in the library<br />* UI is now smoother during file groveling<br />* When a track is added to an album we will now always update the track on disc<br />* User can now update album art for marketplace tracks<br />* 'Unknown Artist' metadata is no longer written to files when writing out user edit of album name<br />* Renaming an artist now more reliably keeps the change<br />* Two different copies of the same album no longer get duplicated down to one when it shouldn&rsquo;t<br />* Access violation no longer occurs when checking song properties in the burn list<br />* Multi-disc albums imported from iTunes no longer show in the client as a single disc album<br />* Thumbnails for video content now extract on XP properly.&quot;

rzanology
01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
um....am i the only one that didnt know about any of these bugs? oooh well....whats better than finding out about bugs AFTER they've been fixed?!?!

LegendDJ
01-27-2008, 06:47 AM
"Turning off “autolaunch when a Zune device is connected” no longer prevents “Sync Now” from working from a wirelessly connected device"

I don't see that as something that is needed to be "fixed". Now when ever I plug in zune into the wall outlet I have the annoyance of the software popping up. > _ ><O:p
<O:p
I wish they would fix the bug of some MP3's with file/track names longer than 56 characters not being added.

djdj
01-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Is anyone else having trouble getting the Revision3 podcasts to work? They worked fine pre-2.3, but I can't get any of them to download since upgrading to 2.3.