View Full Version : Will Zune Pass Subscription stop working on my Zune?

jrthejerk
01-23-2008, 05:37 AM
So I just paid for a 3 month Zune Pass, from what I understand, once I stop paying for the Zune Pass the files will not play on my PC. However, if they're on my Zune, will they still work??? If this has been addressed on another thread, I apologize. If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks....

Jason Dunn
01-24-2008, 04:25 AM
I don't have a Zune Pass, so I can't say for sure, but I believe that the tracks on your Zune will time out when your Zune Pass expires. The Zune has a clock (it's just not exposed to the user) so it knows when your Zune Pass is over.

jrthejerk
01-24-2008, 05:04 PM
That makes sense to me to a point. What if I keep paying the subscription? Would I have to put them back onto my Zune every three months? I know you said you don't have one, so you may not know, but thanks anyways.

Jason Dunn
01-25-2008, 06:40 PM
That makes sense to me to a point. What if I keep paying the subscription? Would I have to put them back onto my Zune every three months?

When you dock your Zune and it does a sync, it refreshes the licenses - so as long as you're doing a sync every 30 days (I think) you'll be fine.

jrthejerk
01-31-2008, 04:47 AM
Alright, that's what I figured. Thanks alot.