View Full Version : Zune 80GB won't charge, turn on or reset

CarlyML
01-20-2008, 11:12 PM
I bought a new 80GB zune about 3 weeks ago, and suddenly last night, even though the battery was full, it just went dead right at the end of a song.
When I connect it to my computer, a charging battery symbol appears for just less then 10 seconds, and then fades away.
Neither my computer nor the zune software recognize that the devise has been connected.
It will not charge, turn on, or reset. I have read many tips on the subject, and can't seem to find anything that works. The only other reports I've found of something similar to this happening have all had to be sent back for repair.
Has anyone else experienced this problem and figured out a way to fix it without having to send it back? (I don't want to be without it for 6 weeks) Thanks

Jason Dunn
01-21-2008, 05:01 AM
If it won't turn on at all, even for a second, there's really nothing you can do - I'd call tech support and see if they can help. but I suspect they'll tell you to send it in. Sorry. :(

Sydni013
10-02-2008, 11:34 PM
i have the same problem. so i sent it in to get it fixed but they wont because theres a crack on the screen, and they say it was caused by abuse...so i cant do anything with it.

i went online and you can order batteries to fix your zune yourself. thats what im doing...hope it works..

http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/zune-repair-guides.html