View Full Version : IMAP email problems w/ AT&T on Moto Q9h

brianfolk
01-02-2008, 05:09 PM
The problem is focused on their support staff - who have no clue about anything. :(

What's the imap problem you're having?

The error message reads:
"The following errors occurred while sending and receiving messages: An error occurred while downloading messages. Be certain that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct and then try again."

This would always happen when on 3G with full bars, and internet working fine. The account info had been put in carefully and it worked for a couple days; then it went to this error message out of the blue. At that point, it would do nothing else, and required a full hard reset to start from scratch. Then a day or two later, the whole routine starts again (repeated many cycles...).

Note that the account settings and UC Berkeley IMAP system to which I'm connecting are unchanged for several years; I'd had this set up with my old SMT-5600 and it worked perfectly for >2 yrs.!

After dozens of calls and many hours with AT&T "senior" tech support, here's their official conclusion: As far as they're concerned, I've set up everything correctly, and it "should be working perfectly." AT&T has ZERO interest or curiosity at this point in analyzing (much less solving) the problem, and it's deemed to be my own personal problem and they'll do nothing more on it.

I can't believe they market this as a serious, premium-priced business tool -- especially since AT&T is last to market with a WM6 SP like this (due to their "very exhaustive troubleshooting, testing, R&D" etc.).