View Full Version : Apologies for the Site Slowness

Jason Dunn
12-28-2007, 06:45 PM
You're doubtless wondering why this site is loading so slowly today; it's basically locking up because last night we de-commissioned one of our Web servers, and since then all hell has broken loose. We're trying desperately to fix the problem, but it's not an easy fix by any means - much of the code references an IP address that is no longer in use, which is causing delays as it tries to load that IP. My deepest apologies - this wasn't anticipated in any way, and we're doing all we can to fix it.

acharn
12-28-2007, 09:25 PM
You're doubtless wondering why this site is loading so slowly today; it's basically locking up because last night we de-commissioned one of our Web servers, and since then all hell has broken loose. We're trying desperately to fix the problem, but it's not an easy fix by any means - much of the code references an IP address that is no longer in use, which is causing delays as it tries to load that IP. My deepest apologies - this wasn't anticipated in any way, and we're doing all we can to fix it.

i haven't noticed anything unusual.

Jason Dunn
12-28-2007, 10:14 PM
i haven't noticed anything unusual.

You should have been here a few hours earlier (in the AM) it was very, very slow. Things are getting back to normal now. Thank goodness I have some amazing help with the server!