View Full Version : Convert ipod m4v to wmv?

Gavino1212
12-01-2007, 04:32 AM
Hi all,

I searched the 4 pages here and was wondering if anyone knows how to convert ipod videos to wmv or mp4.

I have a Zune30 but have itunes and have downloaded several episodes of Chuck. I can't seem to find any software that will do this. Or avi even? It won't even play properly on my pc. Plays like a slideshow. I'd really like to put them on my Zune.

I appreciate any help offered.

Thanks.

Jason Dunn
12-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately the iTunes videos you purchased are locked down with digital rights management (DRM) because Apple only wants you to watch the videos on an iPod. This is the dark side of the iTunes, and really any purchasing system that has DRM: it will only work on the hardware of the company selling it.

Gavino1212
12-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Thank you Jason. I have discovered that I can watch them with quicktime which of course an apple product so I shall do so.

I have discovered a way to bypass the drm with music downloaded from the zune marketplace. And it really works. 8O But out of integrity I shall not do so nor reveal how. It isn't that hard to do and I'm sure some folks have already have figured it out.

Yes sadly this is one of the drawbacks to drm. Is there any format of quicktime available for my Wing? I know that some phone use a form of Real player, short of getting an iphone would I be able to put a mobile quicktime on my Wing?

Thanks again for the info and any more light that can be shed. :)

Jason Dunn
12-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Yes sadly this is one of the drawbacks to drm. Is there any format of quicktime available for my Wing?

No, I'm not aware of any Fairplay-compliant (that's Apple's ironically named DRM scheme) Quicktime players for Windows Mobile. It's not surprising really, because Apple doesn't want you using your Wing, they want you using an iPhone. :roll: