View Full Version : Black Friday Deal Round-up

Chris Gohlke
11-22-2007, 06:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/guide104.html' target='_blank'>http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/guide104.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Fill up the Thermos, dig out an old blanket and stock up on reading material: Black Friday is almost here. In case the name doesn't ring a bell, Black Friday is that all-out shopping spree triggered on the day after Thanksgiving, marking the start of the holiday shopping season for retailers, and often the best deals of the year for consumers. While some will scorn the money-fueled madness and stay home in PJs, savvy consumers will plan ahead of time, camp out, and snag high-end items they've been eying all year at prices that border on absurdity. Of course, if the thrill of the hunt isn't your thing, we've rounded up ten of the best Black Friday deals right here, along with some helpful tips on nabbing them."</i><br /><br />Day after Thanksgiving sales are a favorite of ours. As usual, there are some great deals out there and Digital Trends has picked through all the ads and come up with the creme de la creme. I'm particularly tempted by the 22" monitor at Target for $167. Of course, for most of these deals, quantities are probably extremely limited, so if there is something you just must have, you probably need to go get in line now.

randalllewis
11-22-2007, 06:10 PM
What does it say about me that the one item that caught my attention in all the sale flyers stuffing my newspaper today was Best Buy offering The Orange Box for 50 percent off?

Felix Torres
11-22-2007, 07:02 PM
A bit late but still worth pointing out that some of the retailers are offering the same or comparable deals online at their web sites.
No camping required. :-)

Chris Gohlke
11-22-2007, 08:03 PM
The target monitor is available on-line now. But the shipping kills it for me. plus I have a 10% off coupon that I can stack with the deal. Interesting note, many of the Target doorbusters say no rain checks, but not the monitor.

Chris Gohlke
11-23-2007, 03:59 PM
I scored the monitor and a couple of Microsoft Wireless Desktop 4000's at Staples for $25 each.

Paul Martin
11-23-2007, 10:53 PM
I scored the monitor and a couple of Microsoft Wireless Desktop 4000's at Staples for $25 each.

Congrats. My "haul" was pretty small. I was hoping to snag the 4 gb flash drive for $18 at Staples, but I was 2 hours to late. However, they still had the 2 gb for $15, which was still larger than my current 32 mb promotional giveaway flash drive. :) I also snagged the Targus optical travel mouse for $5 AR at Office Depot. Seemed to be pretty busy this morning.

Paul

Chris Gohlke
11-24-2007, 12:31 AM
I went to one Staples at around 7 AM and they were picked over with a giant checkout line going to the back of the store, so I just left.

I went to another around 10 AM on the other side of town. They had tons of stuff left and no waiting.