View Full Version : Printed CDs Still Make me Smile

Jason Dunn
08-02-2007, 11:00 PM
We've had the discussion about those who print at home vs. those that don't, the argument being that printing at home is too expensive and you don't get the same quality as you do when you print via an online photo service. Having done a bunch of testing with online services recently (more on that soon) I'll agree that it's hard to beat a good print from a calibrated printing press on lustre paper. But I still can't do without my inkjet printer at home, and here's one of the reasons why:

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/images/jd-printed-cds-rock.JPG

After processing a bunch of wedding photos, rather than giving the bride and groom a CD written on with a Sharpie, or even a LightScribe CD, I did up a full-colour print on each CD. I have an Epson R1800 printer, and the quality of the output on the discs is quite impressive. So while I may upload photos when I need 80 prints made, my ink jet still gets plenty of use.

Filip Norrgard
08-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Wow! That looks excellent! :)

Has anyone seen a review comparison of CD/DVD ink-jet printers anywhere? I wonder if Epson is affordable in terms of ink-jet cartridge prices...