View Full Version : Where to get music???

Don Tolson
06-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi all... sorry if this seems obvious, but being a newbie to downloading tunes, I need some advice/guidance.

I'm looking for a service to download music to my Pocket PC ad my sons music players (non-IPOD), so I'd prefer MP3 or WMA format. I'd prefer a 'song at a time' payment schedule, since I don't think we'd use it enough to make good use of a subscription. Music tastes are very ecclectic -- ranging from 60's folk and rock to Wierd Al Yankovic and Greenday.

I took a look at iTunes, but that seems to be IPOD-centric. (Am I wrong?)

I also took a look at eMusic, but it's subscription, and doesn't carry the major labels.

Is/Are there other options?

Thanks.

Jason Dunn
06-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Hi Don - you're sort of on the cusp of things getting better. Amazon.com is going to be launching their own music store, selling non-DRM'd MP3 files...but it's not ready to go yet. You could buy non-DRM'd AAC files from iTunes, but you'd need an AAC player on the Pocket PC (not hard to get, Pocket Player from Conduits would do). Of course, since I know you're in Canada, I'll say that I'm not sure if iTunes Canada is selling the non-DRM'd AAC files yet.

Myself, I'm hoping that the Amazon.com store is decent and will sell into Canada...

Flow44
07-30-2007, 11:12 AM
emule ? ;-)