View Full Version : The Day The Music Died

Jeremy Charette
02-16-2007, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://news.digitaltrends.com/talkback170.html' target='_blank'>http://news.digitaltrends.com/talkback170.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Don’t you just hate clueless old people who say their generation’s music is the best and close their ears to anything new? I don’t want to become one of them, but from where I sit, in my cranky old man’s armchair, it’s easy spot the ways in which the music industry makes it harder to love rock today. It goes beyond the destruction of commercial freeform radio. Here’s a partial list: The transition from analog to digital has degraded the listening experience. And the transition from digital to compressed digital has only made it worse. Lack of exposure to good gear impoverishes listeners. Though the audio industry and some musicians have banded together to rebel. Good music requires an involved listener to appreciate it. Technologically and demographically driven changes in listening habits have driven down the quality and intensity of listening. And good old music industry greed continues to drive talent out of the music business. Celebrate the musicians who have made it, or at least made it onto the Internet, but weep for the ones you’ll never get a chance to hear."</i><br /><br />This is a great article by Mark Fleischmann, talking about the demise of good music. If you're passionate about music at all, give it a read. They don't make 'em like they used to.

jeffd
02-18-2007, 02:14 PM
That youtube link in the article scares me. Talk about ruining the music. Anyways... aside from the move from analog to digital being the best thing that has ever happened to the music industry, he is spot on about the radio and choice of music in the industry. Dosn't effect me so much though, I listen to mostly Japanese artist (kanno yoko and kajiura yuki are my 2 fav) and any good industrial fusion/rock tracks from artist in the gaming business, so they get their music mixed in the way the artist wants it. ;)