View Full Version : Screen Resolution

hockeyref24
02-12-2007, 06:00 AM
I just got a Dell Inspiron loaded with MCE and everytime I logout and close the cover the resolution of the screen changes, then I have to log in and change it everytime I want to use my laptop. Is there anyway to fix this?

Jason Dunn
02-12-2007, 07:32 PM
That's definitely not normal - have you checked Dell's Web site to see if there's an updated graphics driver?

Damion Chaplin
02-13-2007, 12:33 AM
XP Defaults to putting the laptop into 'Sleep' mode when you close the lid. Is yours set that way? I wonder what would happen if you told it to just turn off the screen when you close the lid. It could be your laptop's doing funky things when it goes to sleep...

What happens when you log off but don't close the lid? Does the resolution still reset? What happens if you close the lid but don't log off?

hockeyref24
02-13-2007, 03:03 AM
I have it set to not go into sleep mode when closed. When I log off and close the lid the screen resolution changes. When I don't log off and close the lid everything is the same.

Jason Dunn
02-13-2007, 06:33 AM
There's no setting in Windows XP to control that - it sounds like a graphics driver bug, which is why I suggest looking for a new graphics driver. Or, even if there isn't a new one, uninstall the current one, reboot, then reinstall the current one...